The Dark Mod Forums

No visual

vomoc

Beyond trying older versions like 2.06 or 2.05, I will request that you try the latest Dev Build:

I believe that some shaders have been restructured to remove requirements around bindless textures and AZDO behaviors since 2.10

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Radeon 3000 is TeraScale 1 architecture.

While it technically supports the required OpenGL version 3.3, nobody has made it run recent TDM thus far.
I think @duzenko even got such a card and tried to understand what's going on, but to no avail.

The only option is to use older version of TDM (and thus better run older FMs too).

It seems that there is a reverse engineer group ( Amernime \ Nimez ) who are back-porting newer AMD drivers to older GPU versions. Terrascale 1 support is currently a "work in progress" :

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amernime-zone-amd-software-adrenalin-pro-driver-release-nemesis-22-10-3-whql.436611/

If you are interested, they might have beta versions up on their terrascale discord. The downside is that these are community created drivers rather than official ones by AMD.

Maybe AMD will release some sort of maintenance for terascale like they did for some of their other old GPU's.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

11 minutes ago, nbohr1more said:

It seems that there is a reverse engineer group ( Amernime \ Nimez ) who are back-porting newer AMD drivers to older GPU versions. Terrascale 1 support is currently a "work in progress" :

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amernime-zone-amd-software-adrenalin-pro-driver-release-nemesis-22-10-3-whql.436611/

If you are interested, they might have beta versions up on their terrascale discord. The downside is that these are community created drivers rather than official ones by AMD.

Maybe AMD will release some sort of maintenance for terascale like they did for some of their other old GPU's.

That's cool, :)  I remember when i was a kid installing modded GPU drivers on my ATI GPU, the same with my Audigy Creative sound card that enabled stuff that they only add available in more expensive models.

But personally today, I'm not sure if i would do that, call me paranoid but with all the cripto and nft bs going around, I want such software to come from a reputable source, at lest one that has much to lose if caught doing bs. But that is just me.

sounds like too many hassle.i thought i could play these game with my spec as its listed on the chart given.i could not play 2.10 so not sure 2.11 will run.Also i could only play 2.0 and for a brief time.If there was a way to reduce anti aliasing filter and bloom to zero then maybe i could play this.

And that is by downgrading/upgrading TDM and changing stuff in the settings, console and/or in config file.
(Or upgrade/buy new system)
All and more info about this, you can find at our wiki.

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

On 11/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, stgatilov said:

Radeon 3000 is TeraScale 1 architecture.

While it technically supports the required OpenGL version 3.3, nobody has made it run recent TDM thus far.
I think @duzenko even got such a card and tried to understand what's going on, but to no avail.

The only option is to use older version of TDM (and thus better run older FMs too).

That was Intel HD 3000/2000 if we're thinking the same issue

Fortunately, I never had to suffer TDM on any AMD older than GCN

But I'm pretty sure versions 2.05 and most likely 2.06 should work on AMD 3000, they were not far from original D3

Probably no sense to try any new mission/game version anyway. if even D3 can only run on low, then it's one of those entry-level cards like 3450 or similar. Recent missions are too heavy for those.