The Dark Mod Forums

Models glitch out when filtering then showing them

Latest Darkradiant Git introduces an issue on Linux (Manjaro / KDE Plasma) with the amdgpu driver. To reproduce I simply use "Filters - Func_static entities" to hide all map models, then click on it once more to show them again: Most of the time every model is glitched out and has its polygons stretched all over the screen once it reappears. Fortunately this doesn't trigger a crash and simply reloading the map works... sometimes entities will instead leave a visual copy of their model when you drag then, that does cause DR to crash soon after.

Screenshot_20221126_160917.thumb.jpg.7338d2dd91541dcff7a3146adaa9b402.jpgScreenshot_20221126_161128.thumb.jpg.36874f7f354b433dcbbd66b50eedcd4c.jpg

If it's reproducible, I'd appreciate a bug report with the necessary steps and the involved map. (In case the map is still under covers, a private message with a link is also working for me - I won't disclose the map to anybody.)

2 hours ago, greebo said:

If it's reproducible, I'd appreciate a bug report with the necessary steps and the involved map. (In case the map is still under covers, a private message with a link is also working for me - I won't disclose the map to anybody.)

It's a super early stage thing with nothing significant in it so that's fine, just one building where I practiced learning the model modules. If you suspect the FM could be at fault, here are the map and darkradiant files:

test.maptest.darkradiant

Can anyone reproduce it and confirm it's not just me? I'll need to go for a bit again so I'll put up a bug report later.

I can reproduce this on DR 3.7 (non-dev) portable on a Windows 10 system, using the testfiles suplied by @MirceaKitsune. I previously tested this under 3.6 Linux, but couldn't reproduce (might have to retest).

Edit:

You get even more bizar results if you choose to enable and disable all filters..

Edit2: If you do any kind of reloading inside the create entity/model/particle , it is normal again. It also doesn't get saved, so saving and reloading fixes it as well.

Edit3: If I deactivate and activate the layer, it goes back to normal as well.

Edit4: Disabling the func_static filter also affects the other entities. Enabling any other filter fixes the view.

Edit5: Only the entities that are in the 3D view when triggering the filters are affected.

I couldn't reproduce this in other maps though.

Edited by datiswous
  • Thanks 1