The Dark Mod Forums

Beta testing 2.11

stgatilov

I didn't see this reported yet regarding the new feature of holding down the mouse button to pick up multiple items:

In Iris the additional map of the plague district at Dr. Bekker's house is on a table near two coins, and when picked up along with them a 'blank' decal appears in the inventory for it, but the map isn't there if you open it and is gone from the table.  Had to reload and pick it up separately then all was good. This was on the latest 2.11-beta 3 but it also happened on the previous one. Am not sure if something in the FM itself is related but I suspect it could just be from the new feature.

• Like 1

I've noticed in the latest beta that certain candles in holders are now start off lit when they should be extinguished. They have a flame particle attached to them but some of them seem to emit no actual light. Look at the ones in the store room and adjoining bedroom in The Outpost for example.

candlebug.png

Edited by thebigh
  • Like 3

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Thanks for noticing that. I still need to test the mirror / realtime reflection bug, but I need a proper test case which I no longer have meaning I may need to make a new map just for it. I played a FM with functional mirrors on walls and it had no issue, reflection works perfectly in latest beta... means it must be something only in certain rooms or with specific setups.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, madtaffer said:

In Shadows of Northdale 1, fog appears/disappears based on camera angle.

On 12/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, Dahenjo said:

In Iris the additional map of the plague district at Dr. Bekker's house is on a table near two coins, and when picked up along with them a 'blank' decal appears in the inventory for it, but the map isn't there if you open it and is gone from the table.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, thebigh said:

I've noticed in the latest beta that certain candles in holders are now start off lit when they should be extinguished. They have a flame particle attached to them but some of them seem to emit no actual light. Look at the ones in the store room and adjoining bedroom in The Outpost for example.

Where exactly?
Could you please post getviewpos coordinates?

8 hours ago, stgatilov said:

Where exactly?
Could you please post getviewpos coordinates?

In my picture I'm standing at about

1070  77 -173.75

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

14 hours ago, thebigh said:

In my picture I'm standing at about

1070  77 -173.75

I tried Output on SVN and latest beta, on Easy and Hard difficulties, the candle always looks properly extinguished.
This is the "StaffQuarterCandle" entity at 1165 147.5 -178.25.

The only thing that I noticed is that if I immediately teleport to it after the game starts, I see smoke going from it for some time. I guess because it gets extinguished on game start. I doubt player can see it.

If you have this issue: specify which beta version it is (remove mods), delete FM directory and download fresh FM, try to reproduce it from clean start, post your screenshot and darkmod.cfg.

outpost (2022-12-30 11-22-54) (1085.08 82.39 -139.75).jpg

• Like 1

Regarding switching fog in northdale1 at "400 -1220 286".

This issue happens in 2.10 too.
It seems to be caused by a conflict between two fog lights:

• "light_116"
  • script-powered fog system of "atdm_location_settings_1"

When I "remove" the individual light, or comment out script-based fog, then fog looks the same regardless of camera direction.

Doom 3 fog is rather hacky by itself, I doubt two overlapping fogs are supported 😲
@Goldwell

• Like 1

Drat it.  Just had a guard go into full alert without incrementing the stealth score properly.

Playing Crucible of Omens : Behind Closed Doors and creeping about high up above a courtyard with a wandering guard:

• Guard spots me, barks "movement", goes into alert mode with sword drawn
  • Stealth score jumps to 3 (searching?)
  • Almost instantly (maybe no more than a second) the score falls back to all zeros
  • Guard continues searching with sword drawn

Blast it, thought we'd fixed this!  I'm quite high up and some distance from the guard.

My money is on a race condition in the code (a multi-threaded variable not properly guarded), am sorry to say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Araneidae said:

Blast it, thought we'd fixed this!  I'm quite high up and some distance from the guard.

It looks like another stealth score bug. What I've fixed so far was:

- fully alerted civilians not adding to stealth score because the m_ignorePlayer flag is never cleared for non-combatants

- seenTime is not increased for AIs chasing the player in full darkness because they literally can't see the player, they're only using the tactile sense

Your new case is notable for the vertical difference between you and the AI, and the fact that -if I interpret what you wrote right - the AI never fully detects the player, even after the score is wiped.

Did you expect the AI to fully detect you in that position? Do you have getViewPos (console command) coordinates for that location?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

Is there a possible reason that Rivatuner would no longer be able to hook TDM?

It works on 2.10, but not 2.10 latest beta.

Lastest 2.11 beta?

• Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Now this is odd.  I can't bring up the console all of a sudden.  There used to be a hard binding to ` (seem to remember there's an old Linux issue which means this can't be rebound, and I've bound ' to my "put weapons away" command) ... and it's just not working today.

Am trying to get that blasted guard to spot me again, but it's proving pretty tricky: I have a save which I think was before he spotted me last time, but so far all I've achieved is two level zero alerts.  Will let you know what `getViewPos` is once I can figure out how to do it!

16 minutes ago, lowenz said:

CTRL+ALT before

Thanks, that works.  Is this new?!  Will try to remember.  Think we need some way to communicate this change...

Here is my viewpos, or somewhere around here:

]getViewPos
3591.34 -2224 218.25   48.1 -116.2 0.0

I am extremely high up, and I think the guard was in the courtyard directly below when he spotted me ... or maybe coming down the stairs, will have to wait through his cycle and see what happens.

No, I got the position wrong.  I was on the ledge below:

]getViewPos
3636.76 -2224.59 54.25   29.4 -118.4 0.0

Here I am visible, and there's quite a lot of possible activity depending on exactly what he sees.  I think I can provoke a number of responses from this position.

Edited by Araneidae
Wrong position first time
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Araneidae said:

But ... but ... 😕🤔  Could have sworn I've been using ` all this time, but maybe my muscle memory is abandoning me?

You mean opening the console? On Linux at least you could do this with just the ` key until a recent update. Now you need to set "com_allowconsole 1" for that, otherwise it's indeed Control + Alt + `

7 hours ago, Araneidae said:

Playing Crucible of Omens : Behind Closed Doors and creeping about high up above a courtyard with a wandering guard:

• Guard spots me, barks "movement", goes into alert mode with sword drawn
  • Stealth score jumps to 3 (searching?)
  • Almost instantly (maybe no more than a second) the score falls back to all zeros
  • Guard continues searching with sword drawn

It looks like this is a false alert (no pun intended). AIs that are about to enter combat will have the m_ignorePlayer flag enabled for the duration of their combat preparations (reason given by grayman: AIs ramped up to combat too quickly), which temporarily causes the alert to not be counted until the AI has fully entered combat.

I extracted that area into its own test map, put the player start on that ledge and placed the guard just before where he turns around to see the player. I took a series of screenshots showing the resulting behaviour:

7sSZp1Q.jpg

1) Level 1 alert (doesn't count for stealth score).
2) Increases to score 2.
3) Increases to score 3, with agitated searching and starts to draw sword
4) Full detection of the player, AI is entering combat. All score stats drop to 0.
5) The AI is done entering combat, score stats are restored and increased to a score of 5.
6) The AI puts away his sword and starts throwing rocks. Score is as before.
7) I duck around a corner where the AI no longer sees me. Now that the AI no longer sees me the seenTime stat is updated.

I suppose you quick loaded around 4? I could also imagine that quickly ducking out of view while the AI is entering combat could let you get away with 0 score for that episode, but apart from that possibility it seems it's working as intended. The stealth score was evidently never intended to be exposed like this during the mission so in some situations it only updates after some delay.

You can try the test map yourself if you're interested, just put this next to the bcd.pk4 in darkmod/fms/bcd, then enter this console command in TDM: "testmap stealth". bcd_stealth.pk4