The Dark Mod Forums

Any way to toggle creep? Instead of holding down Ctrl?

evildiesel

I would like this option as well. I can't be bothered to hold down Ctrl and a movement key (especially when you're moving slower, so you have to hold it for ages), so I just use toggle crouch as my "creep" replacement. But being able to toggle creep would be a better option, not least because it doesn't change the camera perspective as crouch does.

1 hour ago, OrbWeaver said:

I would like this option as well. I can't be bothered to hold down Ctrl and a movement key (especially when you're moving slower, so you have to hold it for ages), so I just use toggle crouch as my "creep" replacement. But being able to toggle creep would be a better option, not least because it doesn't change the camera perspective as crouch does.

yeah, i find it awkward to hold down Ctrl while trying to move, Shift is ok and there isn't a big jump to Ctrl for the little finger but enough to make it uncomfortable. especially like you say you walk much slower so you need to hold it for longer.

I have to admit I was a bit confused until I realized I had rebound my crouch to CTRL which is apparently the default key for creep. I thought CTRL was the default for crouch in most games (except some who think C is an acceptable alternative) so I tend to rebind where possible. As for creep I bound it to ALT which works well since it uses the thumb rather than the pinky.

That said, I agree a toggle feature would be useful. I just hope it's an option though because I can imagine the number of people writing posts asking "why is my movement speed stuck so slow all of a sudden".

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

• 1 month later...

@evildiesel @Xolvix @datiswous

What happens if you add

bind "j" "toggle tdm_toggle_creep 0 1"

To your DarkmodKeybinds.cfg file ?

Are you able to use the "j" key to toggle creep?

https://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=558

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

No and I get a warning in the console:

WARNING: Togle-f: cvar "tdm_toggle_creep" not found

Can you post your DarkmodKeybinds.cfg and Darkmod.cfg ?

I will test this tonight but this cvar still exists in the code-base unless @stgatilov removed it in a commit I am not seeing from github or the SVN download link (etc).

// nbohr1more: #558 Toggle Creep
idCVar cv_tdm_creep_toggle(                "tdm_toggle_creep",            "0",            CVAR_GAME | CVAR_BOOL, "Set to 1 to make creep toggleable." );

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

6 hours ago, nbohr1more said:

What happens if you add

bind "j" "toggle tdm_toggle_creep 0 1"

To your DarkmodKeybinds.cfg file ?

Are you able to use the "j" key to toggle creep?

Sorry it does work in beta 10258. Sorry I was using one 2 versions older. Since this isn't the beta thread I didn't think it would matter.

Thanks. Pretty cool!

I never use creep up to now, this is what I noticed:

If you press esc to go to main menu and then back, it disables creep. Same for console. If you keep the SHIFT key pressed while in creep, you move at the same speed (as normal creep), but make more noise. Crouch doesn't make creep slower.

Edited by datiswous