The Dark Mod Forums

Looking for beta testers: "Seeking Lady Leicester" (Grayman, Bikerdude, Dragofer, Amadeus)

JackFarmer

• JackFarmer changed the title to Looking for beta testers: "Seeking Lady Leicester" (Grayman, Bikerdude, Dragofer, Amadeus)

If I'm not mistaken, this mission is meant to coincide with the upcoming 2.11 release so I am guessing players will need to be on 2.11 beta-04 ? ( or newer )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Count me in!

• Thanks 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Bikerdude is the main author ( other than grayman ). JackFarmer keeps in contact with him off-channel so he offered to assist with this post before Amadeus or Dragofer were available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

1 hour ago, nbohr1more said:

Bikerdude is the main author ( other than grayman ). JackFarmer keeps in contact with him off-channel so he offered to assist with this post before Amadeus or Dragofer were available.

I wonder if there is a specific reason why I always get such bizarre questions or comments for beta testings or other posts in the Editor's forum (get back to my other beta testing threads and you will understand what I mean).

Anyway, thanks for your explanation; I almost let go of something I haven't written here in six years.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

I am a bit puzzled why you post about the beta testing. Logically one of the makers would create this thread. So in this case Amadeus or Dragofer.

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, but I am personally gonna be unavailable and unresponsive over the next few weeks for personal reasons, so we asked JackFarmer to help.  He has our blessing

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know. I have taken screenshots with Written in Stone, but I don't know where they are. How do the images save, I mean, what are the files called? "dump-something" if I remember correctly. The game always wants to install to the game folder on C drive, so I'm wondering if they're there instead. D drive is what holds my games & other important stuff if Windows fails. 

I have no anti-virus stuff on any of my pc's. Hate the pop-up messages from Norton in the middle of the game & no way of turning it off without having to turn the whole thing off. They don't even have reset buttons anymore I noticed lol. I know what goes in & out hehe I check my email on my iphone first, so I don't get infected by mistake.

So tell me, what is the original output "address" for the dump-pictures?

12 minutes ago, Acolytesix said:

So tell me, what is the original output "address" for the dump-pictures?

There's a "screenshots" folder in your TDM folder.

After taking a screenshot, you can check the console. You should see a line like:

Wrote screenshots/mission_name (2023-01-06 11-03-44) (2002.23 1061.83 414.88).jpg                          

Yeah I see notta. Anyways, I do believe I've installed beta 2.11 correctly, now I just need your beta FM to see if it ALL works correctly. The PC in Sweden failed when I tried this a year ago with beta 2.10. This time all of this gets its' own drive (slow) - Fresh Install, instead. It's not on the SSD, but hey 1TB HDD should be fast enough anyway. It's the only thing there.

2 hours ago, Daft Mugi said:

There's a "screenshots" folder in your TDM folder.

After taking a screenshot, you can check the console. You should see a line like:

Wrote screenshots/mission_name (2023-01-06 11-03-44) (2002.23 1061.83 414.88).jpg                          

Guess What? I found the screenshots folder & it works!! :) 

& look at That, they're actually labeled as the FM I was playing, instead of dump-something... Nice!!

Edited by Acolytesix
n/a
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Its been quite a busy time, and another author has hopped in and is doing some marvellous stuff with the unique segment of this FM. Waiting for that to complete before betatesting continues.

• 2 weeks later...