The Dark Mod Forums

Development versions (2.11)

stgatilov

"Added r_fboScaling cvar which allows to change Render scale filtering to nearest."

It works really well, performance on par with setting the equivalent resolution in the same scene (1280x120 vs 2560x1440 with 0.5 scaling and nearest filtering) without needing to force the integer upscaling in the drivers (sharper image than bilinear/bicubic for who prefers the blocky look)

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 2

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, thebigh said:
WARNING:LibJPEG: JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 584, caller expects 568
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Yes, @nbohr1more has them too.

My libjpeg-dev version is the latest available, 8c-2ubuntu8.

TDM does not use system libraries so your version should not matter.

I did not have this problem in dev16481-9881.

That's very strange: the changes in libjpeg first appeared in dev16481-9881, so the same problem should happen on that build too.

21 hours ago, thebigh said:

I'm now getting errors looking like this when I try to save a game:

WARNING:LibJPEG: JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 584, caller expects 568

The save game itself gets written and loads without issue, but it has no preview thumbnail.

Fixed libjpeg in trunk.

You might want to change r_screenshot_format to avoid using jpeg for savegame screenshots.
Although it won't help you if someone uses jpeg file in texture or as SEED map.

• Like 2

Hmmmm.  Just switched to the latest beta dev16485-9903 (from the previous one, dev16481-9881 ) and restarted the mission I was playing (Iris ... what an amazing mission, very happy to start from the top again, even though I'm only halfway through!), first thing I do is create a save game ... and bang! down it goes.

Nothing in the console log:

Changed location from '' to 'location_home'.
Switching to EFX 'location_home' (#15)
The ambient 'snd_home' (solitude_loop_z) for location 'location_home' is now playing.
The ambient 'snd_home' (solitude_loop_z) for location 'location_home' is now playing.

There was a very long pause before it crashed.

Will try again ... well, that was interesting, looks as if the saved game was good.  However, played for a little, hit F4 and ... hangs and crashes again, messages as before.  That's a shame.

Ah!  Looks like the conversation above covers this very issue.  Will go back to the previous beta for now.

Edit: Yes, can confirm that -9881 works and -9903 crashes when saving the game.

Edited by Araneidae
Got versions the wrong way around!
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

With now full EAX support, and XRAM emulation too!

From the log of UT3 (I use it as a benchmark)

Init: ALAudio device requested : 
Init: ALAudio device opened    : OpenAL Soft
Init: AL_VENDOR      : OpenAL Community
Init: AL_RENDERER    : OpenAL Soft
Init: AL_VERSION     : 1.1 ALSOFT 1.22.0
Init: AL_EXTENSIONS  : EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX-RAM AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_BFORMAT AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_EXT_SOURCE_RADIUS AL_EXT_STEREO_ANGLES AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_bformat_ex AL_SOFTX_bformat_hoa AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_callback_buffer AL_SOFTX_convolution_reverb AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_direct_channels_remix AL_SOFT_effect_target AL_SOFT_events AL_SOFT_gain_clamp_ex AL_SOFTX_hold_on_disconnect AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFTX_map_buffer AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length AL_SOFT_source_resampler AL_SOFT_source_spatialize AL_SOFT_UHJ
Init: Device supports: EAX4.0
Init: Device supports: EAX-RAM
Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
Init: Found EFX extension with 8 effect slots and 5 potential sends
Init: ...'reverb' supported
Init: ...'equalizer' supported
Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
Init: XRAM           : YES
Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
Init: Client initialized

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 2

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

4 hours ago, Angelot said:

Is the latest version (2.10) backwards compatible with older missions?

If it wasn't I imagine panic would ensue, as this would be equivalent to starting from scratch and most FM's would be lost forever only playable on archived versions of TDM.

1 hour ago, MirceaKitsune said:

If it wasn't I imagine panic would ensue, as this would be equivalent to starting from scratch and most FM's would be lost forever only playable on archived versions of TDM.

Ok, thanks.

Edited by Angelot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...