The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Seeking Lady Leicester, by Grayman (3/21/2023)

Amadeus

Congratulations on the release!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Hi Congratiolations on the release.

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

- "Story" subtitles are available for this FM. Simply go to Settings --> Audio and select "Story"  for the subtitles setting.

Can you change this line in:

- "Story" subtitles are available for this FM. Simply go to Settings --> Audio and select "Story" or "On"  for the subtitles setting.

The "On" setting shows the story subtitles together with the AI-barks. You make it sound like you specifically need the story setting to get the story subtitles.

6 hours ago, Amadeus said:

- TDM 2.11 or later is REQUIRED to play this mission.

What are the 2.11 specific features?

Edited by datiswous
  • Thanks 1

Awesome mission! Been playing it for an hour or so and it's the type of mission I like, full of areas to explore but not so much it becomes overwhelming, a manor to investigate, and a mystery. 

1 hour ago, datiswous said:

What are the 2.11 specific features?

I don't know if there's any technical features being used, but based on what I've played so far there's a bunch of assets I've never seen before that look like they're some of the ones listed here: https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=What's_new_in_TDM_2.11#Assets

• Like 3

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

@datiswousIn addition to the content (we tried to use as many of the new assets as we could at least once) there is at least one 2.11 specific script event called in some of the objective scripting. Haven’t tried loading it in 2.10 but I am not sure it even would as a result.

Edited by Wellingtoncrab
Tag
  • Like 1

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

We gotta do something about the in-game authors display in the mission selector, it is cutting off WellingtonCrab's name.

Any objections to changing the entry to Grayman, Fractured Glass Team ? (etc)

• Like 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

32 minutes ago, nbohr1more said:

We gotta do something about the in-game authors display in the mission selector, it is cutting off WellingtonCrab's name.

Any objections to changing the entry to Grayman, Fractured Glass Team ? (etc)

Yeah, it seems that as missions get bigger and more complex, you need more authors to hop on and help. But I'm personally okay with whatever works best; let's see if dragofer and welli have an opinion. 

Eh, I am not really one to complain about such things. I don't think there is much ambiguity that I contributed to the mission. At a certain point the mission downloader is not realistically going to be able to credit everyone in large project.

Edited by Wellingtoncrab
  • Like 1

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

I have a visual glitch in the mission, don't know if it's an issue with my install or not but

Spoiler

in the greenhouse area, there's this:

MguWB6e.jpeg

Seems like the objects are supposed to be sitting on something (and still are, they don't ever fall), but all I get is the black cube on the ground instead. Am I missing an asset somewhere? I'm running 2.11 and everything else works just fine including other new assets, it's literally the only problem I've had so far and it's fairly minor, but still.

Edited by Xolvix

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

18 minutes ago, Xolvix said:

I have a visual glitch in the mission, don't know if it's an issue with my install or not but

yeah, you're not the only one that has experienced this issue. It's a strange problem, because most of our beta testers didn't have this issue, but a few did. We quadruple-checked the file paths and everything. Something funky is definitely going on, sorry about this. Lucky the issue only seems to be present to very few players and only in this particular area (he says, hoping not to jinx it)

EDIT: Fixed now, uploading the version 1.0001 hotfix :D

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tarhiel said:

Gonna play it as soon as I will finish Mysteries of the Sith :)

Now that's a game I have not heard in a long, long time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Amadeus said:

EDIT: Fixed now, uploading the version 1.0001 hotfix :D

Cool, thanks for that. Curious what the fix was but I can confirm it's now looks correct... IF I restart the mission. Loading my savegame made prior to the update shows the bugged-out cabinet after the update, but starting the updated mission from scratch fixes it. Something about how the engine works I guess. No matter, just found it interesting.

Edited by Xolvix

Thanks for release! Will definetly play it on my current machine. 

Yesterday i was testing my retro hardware and was surprised by 5 fps outdoor :)

It's a laptop from 2009 with C2d CPU clocked at 3000mhz and Geforce 260m (close to 250 desktop). 

p.s. zero gpu load is a bug. In reality it's working hard!

photo_2023-03-22_22-33-23.jpg

Edited by vorob
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, vorob said:

Yesterday i was testing my retro hardware and was surpsided by 5 fps outdoor :)

Nice to see that you're happy with that... 😬

Did you know you could save screenshots inside TDM? Press (default) F12 key. Screenshots can be found in the screenshots folder in the root directory of TDM.

Edited by datiswous