The Dark Mod Forums

Call for voice actors HH: BAM

JackFarmer

3 hours ago, schabernack said:

You surely mean there's some kind of audition and if our voices are to your liking, there'll be a free trip to some caribbean island for the recall included.

But I'm willing to lower my standard for this instance and do it from my secret voice recording chamber instead😀.

You already did voice acting?

11 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Good question, that would be something different for a change. Is she familiar with the setting (pagans, guards)?

Yup. She has played all the original Thiefs and TDM mods, knows all the factions and characters, Benny, Basso, Jenivere, etc.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, schabernack said:

No, I was just joking. But, I'm happy to help. I assume it's just a couple of lines that you need and I'm fully ok with recording them several times and playing around with my voice.

Prestige is all I'm looking for 😀.

On 4/11/2023 at 2:10 AM, Shadow said:

Yup. She has played all the original Thiefs and TDM mods, knows all the factions and characters, Benny, Basso, Jenivere, etc.

You guys/your friend have decent microphone and software for recording editing and have done voice over before?

I don't have any professional equipment (just a jabra evolve 65 headset that I use for work) and haven't done this before and I'm also not a native speaker. If you do recognize an accent, it might be familiar to you 😉. I just recorded a couple of lines to see how my headset performs and used the basic windows voice recording. Obviously the quality could be better, but there's surely room for improvement.

How about you send me a couple of lines and the tone that you're looking for and I send you some samples. If you like it, we continue. If it doesn't meet you expectations the slightest, I will have clarity, that I'm in fact not voice acting material and still look forward to play that mission once it's out.

On 4/24/2023 at 11:37 PM, schabernack said:

I don't have any professional equipment (just a jabra evolve 65 headset that I use for work) and haven't done this before and I'm also not a native speaker. If you do recognize an accent, it might be familiar to you 😉. I just recorded a couple of lines to see how my headset performs and used the basic windows voice recording. Obviously the quality could be better, but there's surely room for improvement.

How about you send me a couple of lines and the tone that you're looking for and I send you some samples. If you like it, we continue. If it doesn't meet you expectations the slightest, I will have clarity, that I'm in fact not voice acting material and still look forward to play that mission once it's out.

Oberbayer?

9 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Do not know. You've done that before?

Nothing for anyone in particular, just some personal tests. Headset mic.

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.