Forums Upgraded

modetwo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like a 1-3 mintue window to edit my posts after I make them like on TTLG (in fact this is the only board out of about 6 I visist where you get an 'edited by'  message if you immediately fix your message after posting it). I absolutely never use the preview post option for some reason I can't fathom - just habit I suppose.

I don't know who's responsible for these settings so I'll just make an open post here.

Ah, I'll look into it. I know I can disable it, but it's good to have aswell - but it should be timed like it is in vB (TTLG).

~m2

Thanks. The Ion boards had the same sort of thing - you had to tick a box to have the 'edited by' added, and it didn't cause any problems or confusion to my knowledge, as long as proeple use it wisely and add the edit line if they've made content changes to their post after others have replied to it.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I don't know how others feel, but I'm not a real fan of the new bright red. I'd be willing to modify the button graphics to fit the previous colours scheme.

What kind of shitty browser is that? I can't stand having anything on the screen at all, I browse in full screen mode, using hotkeys and mouse gestures to call up everything. (opera)

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

What kind of shitty browser is that? I can't stand having anything on the screen at all, I browse in full screen mode, using hotkeys and mouse gestures to call up everything. (opera)

Everything is better than IE, but my favourite is also Opera. :)

I'll make a sub-style with a lower width setting.

~m2

The only thing I consider better in Netscape is the handling of automatic forms filling. In Netscape I could store an entire form page with all it's fields and then I could recall it via the forms browser. In Firefox it also remembers fields, but there is no forms broweser where I can fill an entire page. Is this possible? That's the only thing that I really miss with it because I need this quite frequently.

Gerhard

I also have 1280 resolution, but with the sidebar the forum takes up quite a lot of space. At home I don't mind because there I have 1600.

I use Firefox, but I don't use the sidebar, it just gets in the way... Just hit Ctrl + B to toggle between the bookmarks sidebar (it is entirely optional you know), Ctrl + H if you have the history sidebar up. I am on 1280 * 1024, and I would find it somewhat irritating if I had to look at something meant for 800 * 600... I think it is just fine as it is, no need for change!

edit: I don't let my browser automatically fill out forms, but Firefox does have the capacity to save information previously entered into forms, and passwords etc... Maybe not quite as full featured as Opera, but if you don't use forms often, or you are privacy concious, you probably won't be bothered by the absence of automatic form completion.

Edited by obscurus

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies