The Dark Mod Forums

The Sdk Is Out!

Renzatic

RIGHT ON!! I don't exactly know what this will do for you guys, but you all sound so excited, so I'm excited too!!!!! :D

SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK

Edited by Darkness_Falls

I was a bit surprised that it was only 10 MB.. gotten too used to these "we don't mind the size" thingies.

It's only an interface. The real code is already in Doom3. :) So what do you expect? Actually 10MB just for an interface is extremly huge, but I guess there is some documentation in there as well.

Gerhard

I'm currently reading though a shitload of stuff at that iddevnet site. It's going to make our jobs a lot easier. I don't loke the look of that AI scripting section though, have we got someone who knows C++ really well, and could write the (I imagine) very complex AI scipts our AI will require?

Anyway, I'm glad my sections about characters aren't quite so enigmatic. I'll try to figure out how to get a completed normal mapped and animated character into the engine.

edit: the link to the SDK seems to be broken though...

Edited by oDDity

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I don't loke the look of that AI scripting section though, have we got someone who knows C++ really well, and could write the (I imagine) very complex AI scipts our AI will require?

C++ is not the problem. :) I think I can handle that. The bigger problem is the theory of AI. There will be some investigation about this.

Gerhard

I think I can help with both as well. Starting to dig around the AI scripts and SDK stuff as we speak.

If you find something out then you should probably download this http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=255 and incorporate it there to test it out.

My next plans are to figure out how to change the buttons, and how to let the SDK do something for me.

Gerhard

Yes, I downloaded the mod, but it crashes for me as well. I doubt it has anything to do with the mod itself; I've got a couple of potential problem areas with this computer that could be causing issues currently.

Fro all those where the mod crashes, you can remove the gamex86.dll from the pk4 file for now. As of current there is no functionality in there, so it is not strictly a must.

That the mod is crashing with the DLL is a good sign, though. It means that the DLL is loaded by the game and recognized, so don't take it as a bad sign just because it crashes. That's to be expected for such an early test.

Gerhard

• 4 months later...