The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Eye on the Prize (4/1/2024)

Amadeus

8 hours ago, SeriousToni said:

I wonder about the alternative models for the arrows. Have they been used in other missions too already? I really like them, maybe I could extract them to my directory to use them in general for the game?

So these alternative arrow models are courtesy of Kingsal. He made them for his Volta campaign and has allowed myself and other mappers to use them if they want. You can find them in my FMs as well as Goldwell's. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, datiswous said:

I think in Iris. So probably a custom thing from @Wellingtoncrab. I'm personally not sure about those. If there's no stick somewhere, how can you make an arrow out of it? But it's nice they are smaller so it's more flexible for placement and can be hid better.

These arrow elementals are actually a takeaway from the Thief series, but for mappers they do allow for greater flexibility and creativity in placement.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like pumpkins, but fortunately we were not required to eat any. I ate the mushrooms though! It sounded like the pub goers were having a great time, stomping to the beat of the music - a cool and fitting soundtrack. 
+1 for the Canadian reference🥃

• Thanks 1

Thanks for playing! Yeah, I was real lucky to find that track on freesounds. It was super fitting and definitely helped tie the whole thing together

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, datiswous said:

Hey maybe you can add the alternative combined lockpick to core? So mappers might more often include it.

Thanks for playing!!! And yeah, that is a good idea. I'll look into it and maybe see what can be done

• 1 month later...

Really nice little mission! Trying to supreme-ghost it was a heap of fun. So much coolness in such a small package.

• Thanks 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, thebigh said:

Really nice little mission! Trying to supreme-ghost it was a heap of fun. So much coolness in such a small package.

Thanks so much for playing! I'm glad to hear that you did manage to supreme ghost it; I was worried it might have been too hard, especially on the later difficulties

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I was worried it might have been too hard, especially on the later difficulties

With just two guys? Not likely, even though one of them is carrying a torch. That said, it wasn't as easy as one might think. Getting the loot under the balcony was the trickiest bit, and took some imaginative leaning to stay shadowed. And being able to escape semi-easily to the alley allows the player to watch and wait for more accommodating patrol timings without pressure, so that was nice.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, thebigh said:

With just two guys? Not likely, even though one of them is carrying a torch. That said, it wasn't as easy as one might think. Getting the loot under the balcony was the trickiest bit, and took some imaginative leaning to stay shadowed. And being able to escape semi-easily to the alley allows the player to watch and wait for more accommodating patrol timings without pressure, so that was nice.

Out of curiosity, did you manage to supreme ghost it on Frigid difficulty?

Yes. I almost always play on the hardest difficulty.

• Like 1

A House Call

The House of deLisle