The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission : Moongate Ruckus🎻 (4/1/24)

kingsal

On 4/7/2024 at 9:42 PM, kingsal said:

The room is suppose to be inaccessible, I think you got up somewhere I didn't intent for players to get to:(.

Well ...

Spoiler

there are these movable white bales, and I, very legitimately, using other bales to build a stack, managed to take one onto the "wall" and placed it under the window. I could then just climb in and was sad there was no secret to be found : (

On 4/7/2024 at 4:58 AM, SeriousToni said:

I am quiet confused.

Reveal hidden contents

I took my gear and sneak past the city watch, used the elevator, got up to the window where the music comes. But the room is empty, only a statue and a globe. I can't get the music off.

So far I liked the city area with its verticals and the home of the protagonist.

yeah the empty room took me by surprise  at the end of the game(i managed to turn off the music tho). so who was jamming to the music? 

i managed to hop into the window of the empty room by stacking a crate. My attempt to do the long jump from the starting apartment didn't fare well...

Edited by taffernicus
typo

hex-237553415B315D3741

10 hours ago, taffernicus said:

yeah the empty room took me by surprise  at the end of the game(i managed to turn off the music tho). so who was jamming to the music? 

i managed to hop into the window of the empty room by stacking a crate. My attempt to do the long jump from the starting apartment didn't fare well...

Yeah there should have been an invisible wall brush to prevent this.

Or even better in terms of UX, a little secret inside the room.

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

7 hours ago, SeriousToni said:

Yeah there should have been an invisible wall brush to prevent this.

Or even better in terms of UX, a little secret inside the room.

Yeah Ill fix this in an update, I swear I put a clip brush there but I guess not :( 

Done.

@nbohr1moreWould you mind updating this on the server? Its a fairly bad bug, I've updated the OP but here is the link to the new pk4:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u279b60l40p29cq/moongate.pk4?dl=0

- I've fixed the issue with players getting places they shouldn't be. :) 
- Fixed an exploit with secrets 
- Fixed a few minor issues @snatcherIve included the stock tdm_playertools_flashbomb.def

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm lost for some reason I can't get past the difficulty screen there is no start the mission icon?

Ok it was invisible I found by blindly clicking in lower right portion of screen.  I think this is because of my video settings?

Edited by pwl

1 hour ago, pwl said:

I'm lost for some reason I can't get past the difficulty screen there is no start the mission icon?

Ok it was invisible I found by blindly clicking in lower right portion of screen.  I think this is because of my video settings?

Hm can you send me your user config file? Are you using any mods or changing the core files in any way?

2 hours ago, pwl said:

Perhaps this is because your in-game brightness is very high and the Start Mission option blends with the background...

TDM Modpack 4.0

Could be- I am still messing with the UI elements but if the  brightness is cranked really high it might blow out that background image too much. Its something I can fix down the road.

23 hours ago, kingsal said:

Hm can you send me your user config file? Are you using any mods or changing the core files in any way?

Kingsal I don't have any mods it was the brightness and gamma settings.  I adjusted those and all is good.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, pwl said:

Kingsal I don't have any mods it was the brightness and gamma settings.  I adjusted those and all is good.

Cool yeah that's my bad, the image I'm using on the screen is just too bright. Thats good to know, thanks. Out of curiosity what was your gamma and brightness set to before? 

Edited by kingsal

On 4/12/2024 at 1:26 PM, kingsal said:

Cool yeah that's my bad, the image I'm using on the screen is just too bright. Thats good to know, thanks. Out of curiosity what was your gamma and brightness set to before? 

The brightness was set at three clicks from max and gamma was about mid range.

On some levels like down in a cavern or basement it was always too dark that is why I had it set high  I'm not a youngster anymore can't see that well now!!  I'll be 65 this year!

P.S.  I wanted to thank you for this great but short mission!!!!

Edited by pwl
  • Like 1

Greatly enjoyed the moment of starting the mission and hearing the Beethoven's symphony. Well fit for the atmosphere of the game and provided the mood for the FM as well. I found acting against my own will by shutting off the music.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Johnnytheboy76 said:

I've found a:

Reveal hidden contents

vine arrow. I've shot it at metal grating, brickwork and timber but can't seem to find a use for it!

Also, is there a key for the first door you come to after you leave your apartment? 

No there is not.

Spoiler

Vine arrows are a bit finnicky and might not work on every surface. They should work on most brick and stone but some of the textures aren't set up correctly. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...