The Dark Mod Forums

"stop! Zombie Time"

Darkness_Falls

Yo! Sorry all. I realized the next day after posting the zombie, when viewing from a different monitor, that it may have been hard for y'all to see.

It sometimes doesn't help to Photoshop drawings while sitting in complete darkness ;)

So here are some brighter versions to review. I know we're not looking for zombies now... or maybe never. The only reason I did this is that I saw a post on the TTLG forums a long time ago, some dude asking for zombie concepts. I sketched something out at the time. I just recently got my scanner working again so I could scan it in and color it up real quick like.

If this can't or won't be used for DarkMod, lemme know so I can use it for other projects. Merci!

zombie-brighter2.jpg

zombie-whitered.jpg

EDIT: I'm personally not very fond of this drawing. It was my first (and only) attempt at using alpha/RGB channels to try and do art. I hated the alpha/RGB channel experience, but I'll probably need to learn it some day.

THey are too outlandish. I think we should make them more like realistic humans with rotting bits. It's more disgusting when you juxapose the familiar with the unfamiliar, rather than make a completly alien creature.

I Was taking my inspiration from original T1 concept art.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I like the concept to a point, but the limbs look too healthy in many places, as if the zombie hasn't rotted at all. I'd personally like to use actual dead bodies as a reference.

Heh, I can see the relationship between the T1 zombie in game, and that T1 concept art. But the proportions are different - that concept art is quite bulky, like a big guy died, however the zombie in game is the same proportions as everyone else in the game, which I don't like. oDDity's models all seem to have a good variety in proportions, I like that.

WHen I do the zombie modle I'll have to do a few variatipons on it as well. IT would be silly to see 3 zombies tohether that had all rotted in exactly the same places and had the same body parts missing.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

REally? It was hard to tell, they were all so blocky looking. Not their fault of course, the engine couldn't handle much more.

Increased realsim in the models means people are instantly goign to recognise repeating models.

- Emil Zola

character models site

That freaking female zombie... you mean the one in that oubliette-like area, I think it was under an altar or something in that mansion? (I've only played through once, so I'm foggy) There was a haunt down there IIRC, and boards you had to break through to get to her area?

Man, that, was one of the most disturbing moments I can remember in the series. It's one thing that you didn't have to find the place - secret spots like that always blow my mind for some reason. They just make me zone out and ponder (ever follow the tunnel in the Maw up to where the beasts come from?). Then, it's also creepy as shit. And on top of it all, the zombie in there... was female! Oh man, I think I sat there feeling a mixture of shock, horror, revulsion, and even pity for quite a while.

Then I started shooting arrows at her. :blush:

Yes, that was in Truart's mansion basement but there was no haunt. Maybe you're thinking of the other one where you had to shoot an arrow into a smybol on the wall in the chapel area and open a secret area. THey were both in Truart's mansion on the 'Blackmail' level I think.

- Emil Zola

character models site