The Dark Mod Forums

A Thief's Path, The Thief Film

god_is_my_goldfish

banatp.gif

Since the beginning of December of 2004 I had been working on writing, conceptualizing, and creating a feature length, proper, thief film based on the style used in the Rustmonkey cutscenes found in the game. After coming up with a plot and a partial screenplay, I began the long process of animating this piece.

About May of this year it hit me that in order to create this film it would require me to devote more than three years to see it through. Even though i had created 2 1/2 minutes of footage and the script was coming along at a reasonable pace, I decided to cancel the project.

This wasn't an easy decision, but a necessary one, as I find myself attending film school in the fall, and I couldn't see myself spending so much time on a project that might not even see the light of day if someone at Eidos decided they did not like a film being made off of thier intellectual property. But before I cancelled the project, I had made a website, as well as the video portion of a teaser trailer.

These I present to you, the Thief community, to see and hopefully enjoy.

http://www.evilarmyfilms.com/atp

If it had seen completion the film was to have been placed in the midst of the City, prior to and during the events of Thief 1. It introduced new characters, which allowed for more freedom in creating and expanding the world we all know and love.

What is to come next? I will be creating theif-esque cutscenes for The Darkmod's upcoming campaign, as well i have embarked on a new, shorter, though no less impressive animation that is entirely my creation. This animation will have it's own site and will feature an indepth look into the creation of a short film, from concept to finished piece.

While the 2 1/2 minutes of footage i have created is now in the hands of The Darkmod for it's use, don't be surprised if it ends up on the A Thief's Path website sometime in the future.

I'de like to say thanks to all those in the community who helped me create this, Voidshaper (a.k.a. Schatten) for the trailer music and TYROT and Fingernail, who both put foward excellent music for the trailer that was unfortunately not used. Deep Omega for the 3d animation, and the entire Darkmod team for thier feedback on the project as it developed.

Thank you.

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!