The Dark Mod Forums

Pakmannen's Work

pakmannen

I put two of your sounds in the test animation I did before, (i hope you don't mind) they work out great, though the bowpull seems a little off. It sounds like it's from a staged bow, not a straight pull and shoot one like our thief appears to have.

Either way, good work.

EDIT: Here's the clip

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/miscellen...test2(divx).avi

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

I think you may be mistaking the "static" sound for the arrow being fired sound. The clip is only 2 secs long anyway. It was a frame rate test.

EDIT: Sorry pakmannen, I've inadvertently hijacked your thread. :(

Edited by god_is_my_goldfish

http://www.thirdfilms. com

A Thief's Path trailer is now on Youtube!

Hey Pak - I like the body collapse sounds also. The beginning of them sounds a little hard hitting to me, rhough... like books being closed. Perhaps some additional variations could be created where the sound more subtly and softly rolls in? Being a thief, I think sounds he deliberately creates during the course of his work should be subtle.

For example, the sounds of arrows launching in T3 seemed awfully loud to me; and realized how much I missed the more subtle sounds of T2. How your location wasn't revealed to guards by launching arrows is beyond me. Launching a water arrow should feel stealthy. After all, you're creating darkness to supplement your stealthiness. How we make the sounds for our thief's items could be critical.

Even the noisemaker arrow 'firecracker' sounds of T3 seemed a bit unprofessional (for Garrett) and bit out-of-place for something he'd use, imo.

I agree that the arrow swoosh sounds should be played low. It was too loud in T3. Also, those are some pretty rough cuts, all the sounds can be tweaked a little imo. I'm going to start doing the filestructure and filenames, then we decide on a format, and then we're on our way!

Edited by pakmannen