The Dark Mod Forums

Great New Idea For The Dark Mod

Subjective Effect

No gravity guns please, I'm tired of them - stop copying Half-Life, or make the main character a mage and give him telekinesis, and from what I see now, this is stealth, not war, so forget about it. Or what, you are going to summon gold goblets across the room?

We have something better than a gravity gun. More realistic and not so versatile though. So you can't grab stuff from over the other side of the room.

Gerhard

Lets face it a Thief is a Thief is a Thief. NO magic, NO Gravity Guns, NO bull. A Thief uses his guile, sneaking, and speed to make it. And the Thief world is less of magic than it is of machinery. In Thief there is Science and where there is science there is less magic. Magic was a curiosity in Thief that was more of a joke than of a realy any play strategy. I'm just fine with the Zombies, Ghosts, Ghouls, and neat effects Thief could use to make things scary. But magical abilities and gravity guns are just a waste of time.

Thief

--------------------------

Machinery 35%(Limited to Steam and basic Electricity)

Magic 5%(The ocassional curiosity)

Midevil Era 60%(Mostly knights and Fiefdoms)

Isn't October National Sarcasm awareness month????

Edited by AtariThief

Yeah, what I noticed about Thief - there is no magic of fantasy or stuff, no sci-fi. I wouldn't mind some fantasy, but that is just not the game's style. Keep up the traditions, no gravity guns... Just cruel medieval times, rich kings and nobles needed to be robbed... Well, except zombies, but add more holy water around.

May the Abyss rule!

Shadow of the Serpent Riders fan.

Well, the first level, now mines, but what, are there demons around? How am I supposed to fight them? Or I should rob them too?

May the Abyss rule!

Whatever, I prefer to be refered to as a man on forums.

May the Abyss rule!

You'll get special treatment from NH, who clings on to antiquated ideas about chivalry, and doesn't understand that it's actually an insult to girls these days to be treated differently, even when it's being protected from something.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Well, that's the reason why I always lie and say I'm man. Some people just don't understand how women can play games. And whenever I dissagree on something that most people agree, they say - oh, she's a girl. But I think this forum is safe.

May the Abyss rule!

Well, that's the reason why I always lie and say I'm man. Some people just don't understand how women can play games. And whenever I dissagree on something that most people agree, they say - oh, she's a girl. But I think this forum is safe.

Are you "Available" "hexen? LOL Actually girls who play games especially ones I play are enough to make me go crazy.

Available? What do you mean?

May the Abyss rule!

What is AT?

Stop talking in code! I know you are all thiefs around here, but I'm just Korax, so plese speak so I'll get what you are saying!

May the Abyss rule!

You'll get special treatment from NH, who clings on to antiquated ideas about chivalry, and doesn't understand that it's actually an insult to girls these days to be treated differently, even when it's being protected from something.

Treated differently? I don't see this being any different from the times I stepped in when you were insulting half the board at TTLG. :laugh: I can hear you now, trying to push my buttons. If anything, I was trying to spare you from making an outright arse of yourself while someone probably half your age conducted themselves accordingly and if I do say so, responded to your insults in a manner far above my own abilities.

I'm now killing masons. But playing expert was better. I'll replay I suppose. And I really should get myself a piece of paper - I just need a proper map!

May the Abyss rule!

Treated differently? I don't see this being any different from the times I stepped in when you were insulting half the board at TTLG. :laugh: I can hear you now, trying to push my buttons. If anything, I was trying to spare you from making an outright arse of yourself while someone probably half your age conducted themselves accordingly and if I do say so, responded to your insults in a manner far above my own abilities.

Given the choice, I'd rather twiddle your knob than push your buttons.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

This topic is useless anyway.

May the Abyss rule!