The Dark Mod Forums

Really Old Menu Concepts

pakmannen

Here's the setting image with a few tweaks. I do like the parchment better when it doesn't go off the screen.

The characters I set to overlay instead of hard light to get rid of the gleam.

Settings1.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember a thread in D3World where someone got a movie into a GUI surface. Also, there are the corporate movies and the PDA movies in the standard game. That was an ingame surface, but I thought menus had more or less the same functionality?

You can see movies in a gui surface all the time. What do you think are the advertising machines when you enter Doom 3 at the starting map?

Gerhard

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*really long bump* WHat happened to main menuage....I had a pretty far along main menu when the whole new concepts appeared and havn't done anything in a long time waiting for something set in stone. Did ysomeone else do it. Can I just use the old one and finish? Are there sure new concepts that I can use?

*really long bump* WHat happened to main menuage....I had a pretty far along main menu when the whole new concepts appeared and havn't done anything in a long time waiting for something set in stone. Did ysomeone else do it. Can I just use the old one and finish? Are there sure new concepts that I can use?

We hadn't heard from you in quite some time. No hard feeings, we just had to make a quick decision. Drumple is working on the menus now. I'm sure he'll pop in here shortly to bring you up to speed on where he's at and what remains to be done. :)

Indeed. No hard feelings taking since I did dissapear from posting for quite a while waiting for what I needed, although I've been checking at least a couple times a week. Mostly I was waiting from any sort of actual confirmation of what needed done from the leadership, but apparently that wasn't the best idea. Anyways, whever he pops in if he needs any help I'll be glad to help out some, I don't know how far along he got on the actual menu but I have pretty far along main menus and some inteface stuff.

Indeed. No hard feelings taking since I did dissapear from posting for quite a while waiting for what I needed, although I've been checking at least a couple times a week. Mostly I was waiting from any sort of actual confirmation of what needed done from the leadership, but apparently that wasn't the best idea. Anyways, whever he pops in if he needs any help I'll be glad to help out some, I don't know how far along he got on the actual menu but I have pretty far along main menus and some inteface stuff.

Things have been turbulent to say the least, but we're dealing with it. I'll PM you the details once we have a plan of how to proceed. Sounds good?

Hmm, I guess putting it on the ftp and cvs wasn't enough with screenshots....but again I won't have hard feelings. But anyways to follow you wise advice: I need to know what menus need done to proceed and what concepts are sposed to be used since I've had to rechange 3 times. Thank You :)

we should discuss the menu's and whats needed and who should do what napalm, as i have been putting

together the menu's but have not gotten into the real meat of the gui's, and since you said you had the

majority of the old one.. you would probably be quicker to get the new style done since you have to just

change some things. im sort of bouncing between all the gui's at the moment, but i would prefer to

concentrate on the hud. but we should work this out and see if we can get this done quicker, im dying to see

it all working in the mod.

Napalm, if you really have been just hanging around waiting to hear what to do, why haven't you contributed to the recent discussions about the menus? The following issue in particular was directed right at you:

I think Napalm already imported at least the Carleton font, and I don't remember any smudgyness, but that might be my memory failing. I think he also switched the mouse cursor. Might be a good idea to get in touch with him and see if still has these things.

If/when you're around, you need to speak up. Projects like this require continuous communication.

The relevant thread: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?showtopic=3549

True, and yes I did import fonts, using Q3font, but was having some probs at getting them into game, font wise they worked but sizewise I was having issues do to they way D3 codes into 3 different size levels, they looked blurred like drump was sayng, when I was importing I just ended up using images for alot of the font, and was using d3 text for basic menus with a slight text color. And yes the mouse cursors was found. Anyways, Excuse me for not replying to the thread. Going back to what I said again, is there stuff beyond concepts of the menus. Because from what I read in the other thread you posted, there isn't, which brings me back to the exact same problem I had however long ago...I don't have anything to work with. Constant communication is a good idea, but if little changes over time, and the concepts arn't complete then I don't really have anythng to communicate about, besides pointing things out here and there and building framework, but even thats limtied because the framwork is already there in the original D3 menu.