The Dark Mod Forums

Really Old Menu Concepts

pakmannen

True, and yes I did import fonts, using Q3font, but was having some probs at getting them into game, font wise they worked but sizewise I was having issues do to they way D3 codes into 3 different size levels, they looked blurred like drump was sayng, when I was importing I just ended up using images for alot of the font, and was using d3 text for basic menus with a slight text color. And yes the mouse cursors was found. Anyways, Excuse me for not replying to the thread. Going back to what I said again, is there stuff beyond concepts of the menus. Because from what I read in the other thread you posted, there isn't, which brings me back to the exact same problem I had however long ago...I don't have anything to work with. Constant communication is a good idea, but if little changes over time, and the concepts arn't complete then I don't really have anythng to communicate about, besides pointing things out here and there and building framework, but even thats limtied because the framwork is already there in the original D3 menu.

Actually, drumple is in the progress of coding all the menus, without any artwork. A framework, so to speak. If you want any more details about that, ask him.

There is one thing needs to be done, that will be on every menu screen. We want to have sort of a "swirling" motion effect on the background layer (the parchment) which you can find here: Background. Gildoran experimented a bit with some effects, but I never think he managed to get it working. I have no idea how to achieve this effect, but it should be possible. There is something similar on the GUI that shows up when you die in Doom 3. Ours dont need to be that intense though, just a subtle, you know, motion going on.

You should be able to work on that without interfering with drumples work, but other than that, you should talk to him about what tasks are still open. I mean we've got objective screens, purchase screens etc, all of which will probably need coding.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, drumple is having trouble getting a custom cursor into the menus--weren't you able to do that? If you can explain how you did it that would be helpful.

There is one thing needs to be done, that will be on every menu screen. We want to have sort of a "swirling" motion effect on the background layer (the parchment) which you can find here: Background. Gildoran experimented a bit with some effects, but I never think he managed to get it working. I have no idea how to achieve this effect, but it should be possible. There is something similar on the GUI that shows up when you die

Should Just be changing cursor the image in ui. As for the swirl in D3 I already looked into it when I was making the menus previous, its a matter of a comple overlayed images being phases in an out not an actual animation, along with credits as well, fairly simple, just alot of lines of code, not very effecient.