The Dark Mod Forums

I Apply For Linux Tester

omega

Of course I know that. I'm just saying that should this ever come far enough that it needs testing. I'm willing to do so if I have time.

Nevertheless you can already think about what you can test and how and also how to report it.

Performance, Art, Map glitches, mismatching objectives, Gameplay, Sound, etc.

Of course it would be good to know what system you have. It doesn't help if we have 30 testers all with similar system specs. This information can probably be posted in the (hopefully) soon to be created information board where we can store non-discussable project information.

Gerhard

My system specs:

AMD Athlong XP 2000+

512MB DDR (Semi-soon to be updated to 1GB)

Geforce 4 TI 4200

SB Live! Value

Gentoo Linux running kernel 2.6.7

I can set up a mantis system with all the catagories and stuff if you provide me with a place to set this up. (I think mOdE might be willing to host it, i'll ask him when I see him.) But I think you guys should start building stuff first. It's too soon to set up a bug reporting system as of yet.

Catagories should be something like,

Gameplay, Map, Sound, GUI, Display.

My system specs:

AMD Athlong XP 2000+

512MB DDR (Semi-soon to be updated to 1GB)

Geforce 4 TI 4200

SB Live! Value

Gentoo Linux running kernel 2.6.7

I can set up a mantis system with all the catagories and stuff if you provide me with a place to set this up. (I think mOdE might be willing to host it, i'll ask him when I see him.) But I think you guys should start building stuff first. It's too soon to set up a bug reporting system as of yet.

Catagories should be something like,

Gameplay, Map, Sound, GUI, Display.

But it is not to soon to think about it. If we have already code to test then it is to late to set it up. At this time we should have a WORKING testenvironment and not only start to think about setting it up.

And even if you have it up and running and don't use it for some time now. So what? We will know that it is there when we need it.

Gerhard

• 2 weeks later...
But it is not to soon to think about it. If we have already code to test then it is to late to set it up. At this time we should have a WORKING testenvironment and not only start to think about setting it up.

And even if you have it up and running and don't use it for some time now. So what? We will know that it is there when we need it.

Ok then. I will gladly set it up for you if you provide me with a place to set the stuff up.

I need some webspace (with php installed) and a mySQL server to set it up.

However, I cannot test anything yet, because ID haven't released their Doom 3 Linux client yet.