The Dark Mod Forums

Guard Faction Finished

oDDity

They all look great. Damn fine job as usual.

I don't know why the house guard isn't in game yet. I thought it was finished ages ago.

Looking great as usual Odd!

The houseguard, last time I checked, Corth was trying to get help with the def file, which is probably the most trivial part of the whole process. So we just have to make a def file for it to get it ingame. Anyone have the mesh and animations and stuff?

They look better in the game than in the pic. You can see the detail and 3d-ness there.

In fact I should make a gallery map iwth all the characters on rotating plinths so you can see them properly

I'll put in on FTP instead of CVS, o I can rar it and make it a lot smaller download, since there's a lot of textures involved.

Are you going to have subtle variations, 2 or 3, of each type?

You're having a laugh, right?

I've already got at least another 40 charcaters to make, and then dozens of heads for them all. After that I will no doubt have to make dozens of objects and static meshes etc, and help out with the animations.

By the time I've finished this, I think can safely say I've made more different characters by myself for a single game than anyone else in history.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Out of curiosity, how do you get them to pose like that ingame? Do you make an animation with the single frame as the pose and then play that? Or do you just make that the initial pose of the model when it's loaded into D3?

Great work again Odd, and to the rest of us, lets get these gents animated so we can test them out!! I want to fix the problem where the Prelate is failing the sobriety test but the rest can walk in a straight line. :)

I just meant small variations. Now that you have them finished you could, for example, have an alternate buckle or a dented or rusted shoulder plate. Small alterations, but if you do a few on one character they will be a little different. It's not strictly necessary of course.

And in light of your sterling work here I would be surprised if your CV regarding modelling work wasn't bolstered something crazy. NightBlade inluded. You certainly do fantastic character modelling, and no one in or out of the game industry can deny it.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.