The Dark Mod Forums

Hammer Guard Wip

oDDity

This is, yet again, one I made earlier, it is inspired by the actual concept art for T1, this is the style I would like to see for this mod, rather than the new T3 styple.

Don't worry about the texture or missing feet, the painted on beard etc, the model is only half done, it's just the general concept you should be thinking about

post-5-1098442796.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's just the general concept you should be thinking about

Well, we do HAVE a concept piece already approved for the Builder guards. Not that I think it's the best of the lot, but we aren't starting from scratch here. Make some modifications as you see fit, but don't stray too far from what's there.

B)

He knows, NH.  :P

:lol: Just trying to be helpful. I really do enjoy the feeling I get from your Models oDDity. With the original Thief 1 and 2 models, I could easily buy into them being real people...not so in T3, they were just too blah, I don't know. Your models feel right, they feel real. I could definately imagine myself being immersed in these characters.

Edited by New Horizon

Your models feel right, they feel real.

I agree. That's professional quality work. Half done or not. I'd like to see oDDity do Thief 3 work if we ever get an editor for it.

--=| Phantom |=--

Thief Underground

:lol: Just trying to be helpful. I really do enjoy the feeling I get from your Models oDDity. With the original Thief 1 and 2 models, I could easily buy into them being real people...not so in T3, they were just too blah, I don't know. Your models feel right, they feel real. I could definately imagine myself being immersed in these characters.

That's right. I was looking at the sample screenshot that BlackThief provided for his textures and the characters of T3 look rather gameish. The models from T2 looked much more lively despite the poorer gfx engine.

Gerhard

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find the official Builder WIP thread that Sprinheeel started, so I'll use this one.

THis is knid of an amalgamation of the above model had the above concept art.

THese aren't the final textures sine they'll have to be redone for the low poly model anyway.

Springheel - don't get too upset that I'm not sticking ridgidly to the concept art, but I want to bring a little of the orginal Thief games in to the models as well.

I only changed the boots amd bracers on this guy anyway, which, let's face it, weren't that well fleshed out in the concept art any way.

post-5-1102081400.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Springheel - don't get too upset that I'm not sticking ridgidly to the concept art, but I want to bring a little of the orginal Thief games in to the models as well.

I only changed the boots amd bracers on this guy anyway, which, let's face it, weren't that well fleshed out in the concept art any way.

True, that one was the quickest piece I whipped up and it didn't have much to it. I really like what you've done with it though. The boots are great.

When you redo the textures, could you darken them a bit? The red is showing a little too pink for my tastes...the builder colours I used were as close to blood-red and dark iron as I could get.

I see you've got a banner of some sort in the background...we have yet to agree on a Builder emblam...have you come up with one?

When you redo the textures, could you darken them a bit?  The red is showing a little too pink for my tastes...the builder colours I used were as close to blood-red and dark iron as I could get.

yeah, I thought the same - here's what I had in mind (already started this mock-up before spring posted it ;) )

I changed the red and darkend the armor. I also tweaked the position left eye a bit.

post-5-1102085355.jpg

Edited by BlackThief

When can we see some of the models on the FTP?

You mean the finished game model?

A long time I would suspect. Doing the high res model is only 10% of the workflow.

I still have to trawl various websites and forums trying to get the information I need to work out how to get characters into the game, and no animations have even been started yet.

Heh, I've only just perfected getting characters into UT2K3, and now I have to start all over again for Doom.

Still, I've finished a lot of Nightblade work, I've only a couple more models to do for that, so I sould have a decent amount of time to devote to this.

- Emil Zola

character models site

That's basic policy now for ALL work. Once it is in a completed state, it should be sent to the ftp site. For character models, we certainly don't need them to be animated before they are stored. :)