The Dark Mod Forums

Domarius

I was reading an article in some archaeology journal the other day, and it turns out that the supposed number of the beast is actually 616, not 666. Apparently early Church members misread and miscopied some early biblical writings, and ever since people have just perpetuated it...

Just goes to show what a crock of shit the bible is anyway - it has all been copied and translated so many times that no sane person could take it seriously.

*the atheist strikes again* LOL

There is nothing hell themed about doom. Yehj, there is a hell level, but otherwise the game is just a big joke.

Why such a small folder???

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon

Is that compressed on uncompressed? With all my "mini-Darkmod" custom content my base folder is already about 200 megs uncompressed, although there is quite a lot of crap in there that I haven't yet got round to deleting.

I will be very impressed in the final Dark Mod can fit on a CD, especially if there are a lot of 1024x1024 TGA normal maps.

The number of the beast has actually been revised to 616 following the discovery of an earlier copy of the Bible in an ancient trash pile. The Book of Revelation is believed to refer to Nero as 'the beast'.

Edit: Ah, everyone else has beaten me to the 'Smart Aleck' prize.

Im happy to report that Verizon, scumbags that they are, are now offering 20$ a month DSL service in the N.E. of the U.S., its the slowest version but 56k is still 10$ and for twice that you can speed up your line about 15 times or so. Needless to say I love it, and its been pretty stable for the month and a half I have had the service.

We will consider this as when it is time to think about distribution. :) You can be sure that I will host a torrent, though. :)

Torrent? That would be nice.

Well, a normal game today takes up... 3G's?

If we were to compress all the TGA files to JPG the overall size of the mod would drop by at least 70%, but then you'd have to convert them all back into TGA files again at your end.

We should at least make this an option for people.

A lot of them would rather have a small download even if they to have to run a batch conversion script in photoshop.

Or maybe we could even include some sort of app which would do it automatically.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site