The Dark Mod Forums

Svenskar?

ScrotzaN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, there's no Swedish word for 'plus'. (Or maybe it's Danish, I don't know)

My surname name is of Swedish origin though - Seffen. Probably why I always have a certian urge to listen to some ABBA in a sauna.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

My surname name is of Swedish origin though - Seffen. Probably why I always have a certian urge to listen to some ABBA in a sauna.

Steffan is a Welsh name, probaly spelt incorrectly in your case by some drunken Irish forefathers. But the Swedish can have you if they want to.

The names Steffan and Seffen aren't necessarily linked though. Geffen is only one letter out, but isn't necessarily linked. Seffen is quite a rare name. What does Steffan mean in Welsh.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Я не понимаю!!

Это уже наши с тобой проблемы. Я тоже не понимаю.

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon

Moved this over here to avoid the fury of Sparhawk..

Tjena! Än så länge är det bara jag själv i teamet, men det finns nog ett par svennar bland civilbefolkningen. Plus modetwo, serverkillen, är norsk, så det räknas ju nästan. :)

Yeah:) den här modden kommer äga fett asså:) va vare du gjorde i teamet då?

I wanted to say the same, but you beat me to it. :)

И что же я сказал?

Придурок ястребиный...

I imagine your reaction if you understood what that meant. That was a test actually. If you really understood Russian, there would have been some angry posts from you. Want a translation?

N: I do not understand!!

F: It already ours with you of a problem. I too do not understand.

S: I wanted to say the same, but you beat me to it. :)

F: Also what I have told?

S: GOTCHA! :D

F: Придурок hawk... (I'm guessing that's sparrow hawk)

S: I don't understand a single word, but the font sure looks nice. :)

F:I imagine your reaction if you understood what that meant. That was a test actually. If you really understood Russian, there would have been some angry posts from you. Want a translation?

Me: Ich spreche nicht Russe, leider.

Me: Вы можете сказать мне путь к туалету? Русский выглядит сверхъестественным, но грустно, что я не знаю это.

Careful there, I'm armed with imtranslator, which translates a lot. Ich spreche nicht Russe, leider = I do not speak Russian, unfortunately.

Translating your Russian message - "Can you show me the way to the toilet? Russian looks unreal, but it is sad that I don't know this." Yeah... Where did you get that from? Some stupid Russian grammar book?

When you translated that, you were wrong at one place. "Придурок ястребиный" does not equal "sparrow hawk". It mean (forgive me, sparhawk), "the hawk-like fool". Or, придурок can mean anything from idiot to dumbhead. Again, I only wrote to test sparhawk's knowledge of Russian. That message didn't mean that I wanted to say that sparhawk is an idiot. Besides, no one in their right mind will say something like that about a programmer...

Careful there, I'm armed with imtranslator, which translates a lot. Ich spreche nicht Russe, leider = I do not speak Russian, unfortunately.

I use freetranslation.com, though that is more useful for English-speakers. Your site seems more versatile, assuming it translates well.

I wouldn't insult someone in another (somewhat popular) language and expect to get away with it. No, no, I'd do that by way of a private message. ;)

Translating your Russian message - "Can you show me the way to the toilet? Russian looks unreal, but it is sad that I don't know this." Yeah... Where did you get that from? Some stupid Russian grammar book?

"Can you tell me the way to the toilet? Russian looks weird, it is sad I do not understand it." I'll take your word for it, since I'm sure read and write Russian better than some program.

I had a Russian controls professor. He was pretty funny, though sometimes seemed insane. His thick accent was a problem, at times. I don't know why I'm telling you this.

When you translated that, you were wrong at one place. "Придурок ястребиный" does not equal "sparrow hawk". It mean (forgive me, sparhawk), "the hawk-like fool". Or, придурок can mean anything from idiot to dumbhead. Again, I only wrote to test sparhawk's knowledge of Russian. That message didn't mean that I wanted to say that sparhawk is an idiot. Besides, no one in their right mind will say something like that about a programmer...

That word must not be used enough to be included in some free online translator. The lurker in me had to make an assumption.

I know a few programmers who are idiots. Not in all things, but idiots nonetheless. Maybe you were sarcastic.

Programmers are almost genuses! My dad is one!

I'm NOT sarcastic...

But do you think I should remove that before sparhawk sees it?

You think too highly of your ability to insult. And you use enough disclaimers to disarm any verbal knives. Sparhawk shouldn't care about your careful insults. ;)

Your dad may be a genius, but idiots walk among us in many forms and vocations. Though, I've been known to be harsh...

Edited by Northeast

Can you reverb your first paragraph please?

I didn't say my dad is a genius, he's a programmer, it just very hard to catch him on a question he cannot answer as long as it is somehow related to economy, physics, numbers, computers, biology, even history, programming, of course... Well, it's hard enough to find a question he doesn't know about at all if it is not too detailed.

If a programmer is an idiot - he's probably not a real programmer. He's just making an ipression he is.

Can you reverb your first paragraph please?

Why? :P It's perfect the way it is. I was saying that you were being more innocuous than you thought you were.

I didn't say my dad is a genius, he's a programmer, it just very hard to catch him on a question he cannot answer as long as it is somehow related to economy, physics, numbers, computers, biology, even history, programming, of course... Well, it's hard enough to find a question he doesn't know about at all if it is not too detailed.

Sounds like a bright guy.

If a programmer is an idiot - he's probably not a real programmer. He's just making an ipression he is.

I'm saying some programmers I've met are idiots. The job one has doesn't necessarily detail how smart one is as well as we'd like. *shrug* We're all ignorant in our own way, I suppose.