The Dark Mod Forums

Men Finding Women Attractive? What's Next?

OrbWeaver

Don't men who like it when women wear outrageous clothes go into that bastard-goat category?

So why do the women wear such clothes? Because they're comfortable, or provide better insulation against cold? I don't think so.

Women who wear these clothes have just as much responsibility for the "objectification of women" as the men who look at them. People who act like objects can expect to get treated like objects.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a big difference between thinking some outfit is "sexy" and beating your wife. Also, believe it or not, some women enjoy wearing appealing clothes, because they like to feel appealing (not to say that a PVC body-glove is the norm here :) ). Some guys too (why else would you spend $300 for a smoking jacket?). All I'm saying is, don't overgeneralize here and lump people into the category of subhuman garbage who abuse their spouse just because they think an outfit is attractive.

Women who wear these clothes have just as much responsibility for the "objectification of women" as the men who look at them. People who act like objects can expect to get treated like objects.

Well, someone said something proper here... Only shouldn't men dissaprove such?

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon

To Springheel - thanks ;) .

Well, what pisses me off, men like it when a woman wears outrageous clothes. I don't care why they like it from the normal side, but personaly, they should dissaprove of that.

Well, what pisses me off, men like it when a woman wears outrageous clothes. I don't care why they like it from the normal side, but personaly, they should dissaprove of that.

It depends on the environment. What is appropriate for a night club is not necessarily appropriate for the office, and I certainly don't want to be distracted when I'm trying to work. Similarly I get annoyed when I see 8-9 year-old girls wearing skimpy outfits in public - especially when the mothers of those children are probably busy saying how much they are frightened of paedophiles.

Women dress to show off in front of other women as much as to show off in front of men.

Of course, some women are naturally more attractive than others, so it's really the less attractive ones that have to dress like tarts to get attention, the really attractive ones could wear a boiler suit and still be sexy.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Women dress to show off in front of other women as much as to show off in front of men.

Not only that - what I hear a lot from my female friends is that women dress up MAINLY for other women - men are too easily pleased and don't really notice the finer details.

Well, someone said something proper here... Only shouldn't men dissaprove such?

I don't beleive "looking good" means you're "objectifying" yourself. Orbweaver's right - everything has a context. Gillian's outfit made for a beautiful photo IMO, but your opinion of her would have to lower if she turned up to a formal occasion in that outfit.

Right, as opposed to say, doing a sexy glamour shot for a racy magazine.

Also, something that many might not know (not that it matters) - she (Gillian) is a silly, goofy person. She comes off as stoned half the time. Not what you'd expect from Agent Scully, but if you've ever seen an interview with her, you'd know why she in one shot puts on a rubber outfit, in another an evening gown, and in another, poses as Fay Wray in a giant gorilla hand.

Egads. I used to date a staunch feminist and it was a trial. She was completely against supposed "objectification", yet at the same time, she'd wear a chainmail bikini to renfaires. Can you say hypocrite? Truth was, the only time it was okay for a woman to be noticed as sexy ("objectified!") was when it was her that was getting the attention - so it came down to basic self esteem problems. Unclench; there's nothing wrong with trying to look attractive.

Sex is a cancer on our society. Think of all the pain and suffering that's been caused for a scant ten minutes of pleasure - AIDS, unwanted children, the horrors and shame of puberty, ecetra. All children hould have their hormone makers removed at birth, I say. More humans can be created by artificial means.

sneaksiedave:Also, something that many might not know (not that it matters) - she (Gillian) is a silly, goofy person....

Yes, I saw an interview with her once and it was actually rather jarring. I used to be a fan of the X files when it first came out, and she always struck me as being bright and sexy. I knew it was a TV show but I thought she had to have some kind of decent processing power.

Oh no. Not even close. Shes dumber than a box of dumbasses and a lot of the appeal disappears when she starts talking. This is not some mysoginistic rant againts women, to be clear, its targeted right at her. Stoned is absoluteley correct, the interviewer would pose a simple question, Gillian would look around blankly for a second, purse her lips, and then mumble some blather out that sometimes didnt seem to be addressing the question at hand one little bit.

Ok, ok, he was exaggerating, he usually clocks in at a minute forty five....

Or so Im told

Since Maximus and Macsen were the same person (Maximus turns up under the name Macsen in a collection of Welsh myths and legends know as Y Mabinogi) any intercourse between us would technically be masturbation.

Oh no. Not even close. Shes dumber than a box of dumbasses and a lot of the appeal disappears when she starts talking. This is not some mysoginistic rant againts women, to be clear, its targeted right at her. Stoned is absoluteley correct, the interviewer would pose a simple question, Gillian would look around blankly for a second, purse her lips, and then mumble some blather out that sometimes didnt seem to be addressing the question at hand one little bit.

This intrigues me. Anything online that we can look at?

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

macsen: Since Maximus and Macsen were the same person (Maximus turns up under the name Macsen in a collection of Welsh myths and legends know as Y Mabinogi) any intercourse between us would technically be masturbation.

Phew, thank goodness it was only masturbation, do you know how expensive it is to send a bouquet of roses to Wales from the U.S.?

Vadrosaul: I dont know of any online stuff about her, this was a television interview about 6 years ago or so if not longer. The difference was striking, it was as if they had cloned skully but inserted the brain of a rhesus monkey in her skull.

We're all born to reproduce, despite the fact that it will cause the end of us. You can't really blame people for succumbing to such a thing, as it is basically the reason why we are all here. Who you can blame for something is those who capitalizing off it by instilling insecurities and overzealous expectations. Of course, that may be just an unintended method of extreme natural selection.

Ah, well. I try to avoid most of it altogether. The media has turned the whole process into a depressing cesspool of nonsense. Also, the prospect of impregnating another is daunting to me. I would never want the responsibility of raising a child, let alone could I stand living with someone for the rest of my life--or even 10 years of it.