The Dark Mod Forums

Modified Doom3ed Inspectors Window.

New Horizon

I think this makes working in DoomEd a bit more elegant.

This allows you to minimize the 'Inspectors' window in DoomED, it increases the size of the model/particle effect viewer and removes the annoying save error.

Apply this patch to an 'untouched' up to date 1.3 doom3.exe. If you have applied sparhawks save error fix previously, you will need to restore your doom3.exe before applying this patch as the 'error fix' is included.

Doom3ED_Patcher.exe

In Doomed the XYZ window is only one window, right? Otherwise you could open multiples of them so you can get all views at the same time. I consider this pretty annoying that I can only see one view at a time.

I tried to enable the multiple views again but they have been completely stripped out...at least as far as I can see. Resource Hacker just lets you change some of the surface functions. I can't even find the xyz window in Resource Hacker, so it may be produced from somewhere else...but I have no idea where. :)

If you have time to take a look at it Spar, let me know if you find anything. I wouldn't mind making a few more tweaks to Doom3Ed. Although, it would probably be easier just to start modifying GTK radiant.

Getting a correct render view into GTK will probably be quite time consuming, and until this happened I don't really want to use GTKRadiant, even though I think it is the better package in the end.

Yeah, I enjoyed using GTK more than D3Ed to be honest, even though I couldn't get GTK to load Darkmod properly. It's a smooth editing experience. Hopefully there will be a new release soon that gets the doom3 renderview up and running.

I tried to enable the multiple views again but they have been completely stripped out...at least as far as I can see.

They are not. I posted a description how to enable it. :)

The editing windows are not dialogs or other resources, they are simply windows. So they are not stored in a resource file and consequentely you can't hack them with a resource editor.

If you want to have a sysmenu on them as well, you must patch the code at the point where they are created.

Gerhard

They are not. I posted a description how to enable it. :)

Really? I hadn't seen that. What part of the forum did you post it in?

The editing windows are not dialogs or other resources, they are simply windows. So they are not stored in a resource file and consequentely you can't hack them with a resource editor.

If you want to have a sysmenu on them as well, you must patch the code at the point where they are created.

Edit:

Found it spar. Nice find. :)

• 2 months later...

In the next day or two, I will release a patcher for the Doom3.exe. It will make some modifications to the 1.3 version of Doom3Ed. The previously mentioned inspectors window and an enlarged model view window...much like we had to do for T3Ed.

I'll post here and update the main post when it's ready. :)

Did you use ResourceHacker, NH? Which values did you change?

Yup, used resource hacker. I can't remember the exact values right off the top of my head, but I essentially gave the entity and model browsers a 'minimize' command. Also increased the size of the model browser. Doom3 Editing is friendlier for this. :)