The Dark Mod Forums

Blackthief's Wood Texture

Renzatic

I consider this a small occasion since his woodpanel texture is the first normalmap I've done by hand.

It's a great texture overall, but I had to do a few tweaks here and there to get it to work properly ingame...like change the paneling a bit towards the bottom cuz they bent a little towards the right and whatnot. Finishing it up helped me learn alot about Photoshop and MS Paint in the process, so it's all good.

I still have a bit to go before it's completed, but this is the 80% complete texture, and the first one of Blackthief's textures I've done properly.

Check it out HERE, mangs!

P.S: It's dark in the renderer cuz I wanted to show how the light would catch it. I'm particularly proud of this one. :)

Hey, thanks for the texture. I think I might try and tackle your stained glass windows next and see what I can come up with. Pretty soon, counting both your textures and the ones I've done so far, I might have enough to make a good sized mockup map.

But if you can, see if you can make some bumpmaps to help me out with. Photosourced textures usually need to be tweaked alot more than the Blade textures do, so it'd be alot faster if I had an extra hand doing em.

Edit: Actually, it'd be a good idea if everyone making textures (which I think is just Blackthief, possibly Alexius, and I) were to get together and started organizing everything. It'll mean alot less work on down the road if we keep everything in order and pack the textures the same way and whatnot.

Edited by Renzatic

Edit: Actually, it'd be a good idea if everyone making textures (which I think is just Blackthief, possibly Alexius, and I) were to get together and started organizing everything. It'll mean alot less work on down the road if we keep everything in order and pack the textures the same way and whatnot.

Actually this is exactly the reason why I said we should synchronize our tools. :)

Gerhard

But if you can, see if you can make some bumpmaps to help me out with.  Photosourced textures usually need to be tweaked alot more than the Blade textures do, so it'd be alot faster if I had an extra hand doing em.

well, I made a bumpmap for the ceiling, but I think Fingernail made one, too, to test the texture ingame. nevertheless I can upload my bumpmap to the ftp.

Now I'm working on some classic wallpaper in thief 2 style. I think we don't need to do bumpmaps for that ;)

BTW: Where the hell are the admins - you guys are still "normal" members and I assume you can't see the whole forum.