The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

Give me a day and I can upload it. I've got to remove the spiders but basically have one of every valid AI that will be in Release 1 and every skin and head. But note that not all heads are attached so these don't show in-game. You'd have to view them in Dark Radiant. Perhaps angua's map is better to test this then.

This map also has every player tool and weapon.

Give me a day and I can upload it. I've got to remove the spiders but basically have one of every valid AI that will be in Release 1 and every skin and head. But note that not all heads are attached so these don't show in-game. You'd have to view them in Dark Radiant. Perhaps angua's map is better to test this then.

This map also has every player tool and weapon.

Very cool. Since the map will be read by my script, it doesn't matter whether the entities are not in game, as long as they are mentioned in the map file, it is fine.

Will be a good way to ensure the package integrity :)

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

I've committed startmap_devel_test.map to the devel folder. Move it where you want but I thought it a bad idea to put it in the maps/test folder as it is not for use except for a packaging test and might be confusing to others. I removed the spiders and vine arrows.

I've committed startmap_devel_test.map to the devel folder. Move it where you want but I thought it a bad idea to put it in the maps/test folder as it is not for use except for a packaging test and might be confusing to others. I removed the spiders and vine arrows.

Thanx a lot! Would be cool if you could replace the startpack.pk4 sometime, because it can be easier used by my script.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

IIRC there's just a spawnarg for the AI's projectile. Should be an easy change.

Done now. :)

post-9-1249949227_thumb.jpg

That is very cool.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

So if AI can use melee weapons andranged weapons is it possible one day for archers to switch to a dagger or shortsword if the player gets up close? I've not tested the archers extensively but what I did when I ran up to attack him with a sword he could still shoot me with an arrow when I was touching him. Or I'd like to see him backing off to get range.

Yes, the CombatState already contains code to make that decision to switch weapons, although the scripts doing the DrawWeapon/SheatheWeapon algorithms cannot deal yet with that. I think this can be delivered in the next update.

Works correctly etc right? In which case we have a mage?

Well, he only throws them if he can't get to you. Otherwise, he uses his hammer. Probably wouldn't be hard to set up an AI that throws them by default, but that's for post 1.0.

Well, he only throws them if he can't get to you. Otherwise, he uses his hammer. Probably wouldn't be hard to set up an AI that throws them by default, but that's for post 1.0.

Does he throw his hammer first? :D

Btw, the imp fireball can be a performance hit on older machines (at least the fire arrow was on my old machine). If we're ever going to have a few priests in the same place at the same time shooting out fireballs, we might want to switch to a non-shadowcasting fireball. :) Although maybe the imp one is okay and it's only our larger-light-radius fire arrow that can cause problems.

• 2 months later...

Ok, the elite guard is rigged to the new skeleton (not the head yet). I'll upload him as soon as a switch back to the main trunk.

elite3.jpg

Ooooh, now thats elite.

Great as usual Springheel :)

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

Awesome! Nice to have him in the game. And yeah, that breastplate definitely screams "elite"! Something looks wrong about that head though... (not sitting right? wrong size? perspective distortion from the screenshot?)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

Yeah, it does look a bit off in the screenshots, but it looks fine in-game, though it's actually the proguard head. I'll get to the elite helmets at some point.

OK, good to hear. And yeah, I recognised it, just mentioning it in case there was an offset needed adjusting or similar. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the noblewoman is finally rigged to the new skeleton. There are still a few tweaks to be made, and there's no shadowmesh yet.

She doesn't look too bad with the current animations, other than the shoulders being a bit broad (nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be though), and the lowskirt joints are spread too far apart (causing that weird distortion on the front of the dress).

noblewoman2.jpg

I'll update the current version so people can start putting her into maps (though she has a grumbler voice right now).

edit: Oh, she's not using noisycricket's female walk yet, either. I have to find it first.

edit: One other thing--she's currently the same size/height as the male characters. I plan on making her slightly smaller, but I have to brush up on how I did that last year.

Shes pretty.

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

• 2 months later...

Ok, the elite guard head is ready for the first update, so we'll need to let people know about the KO immune helmet.

heads_elite.jpg

• 4 years later...