The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

Damn did they eat a Bloody Mary Short Ribs or something?

Edited by Goldwell

That's the smear01 texture. My goal it reuse existing textures whenever possible to avoid texture bloat. There are plenty of things that could leave residue of that colour...rare meat, gravy, tomato sauce, jam, etc.

• Like 4

OMG, this is one of my few annoyances with missions, bookshelves have distinctive repeating patterns to the human eye/brain, so some easy modularity and being able to create variety will be WONDERFUL!

Did I mention, WONDERFUL!?!!

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

- Baron Thomas Babington Macauley

Now I want to see lots of dusty old libraries,

Well, you can use these as a jumping-off point...all the models above now come with a desaturated skin (right).

post-9-0-65593000-1404775427_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome work as always. *thumbs up*

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

These things really do kickass, i'm guessing most of these will be aimed for the 2.03 update? or will you release them independently?

@Springs, I take all these new models you have been making are part of 2.03. if so may I humbly suggest that you make them available to the community at large via either the wiki page (they are small enough) or either Pm me the file paths and I will pack them up and upload them to the mirrors and provide the links etc.

You might have to edit the OP to include an index so people dont have to traul through the thread to get to the goodies. And to save time you could/should put a divider between stuff thats already in the mod and new stuff you have created.

These things really do kickass, i'm guessing most of these will be aimed for the 2.03 update? or will you release them independently?

To be honest, releasing them independently is a pain. I have to remember every relevant file and track down and copy all the material, def, and skin entries, and there can be quite a few. Some of them replace existing files and some are unique. Some would require certain mod files to be deleted. And then if a few days later, I find something wrong that needs tweaking, I'd have to update the zip file again.

I don't mind if someone else wants to do it (anyone with access to SVN could) but I'm not strongly motivated to do it myself.

I don't mind if someone else wants to do it (anyone with access to SVN could) but I'm not strongly motivated to do it myself.

Fair enough and TBH I'm not that keen to do it either but, it someone wants a prticular model I will extract all the required files and zip it up for them on a per request basis.

Awesome model btw

@Springheel, as you seem to be on a role so can I make a request..? Could you do a cleaned-up version/s of the arched .ASE door model that I made for The gatehouse and Penny Dreadfull 2..?

Looking at the new models I see you have created a version of the cagelight I made for TGH, but I found a minor texture issue, the top underside has the hot coals texture as well as the bottom.

- models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/cagelamp02.lwo

- atdm:cagelamp02

And an old model that bugged me for years because it has an issue where the textures is fubard if you change "the interactive shader" or "ambient rendering" (one of them)

- models/darkmod/kitchen/cookpot.lwo

the top underside has the hot coals texture as well as the bottom.

Yeah, I thought that might make sense since the flames are constantly hitting it. It's an easy change if it doesn't work.

Can't promise anything with the door...I can't open .ase models and I have a couple door projects of my own atm.

Best make a tracker for the cookpot.

• Yeah, I thought that might make sense since the flames are constantly hitting it. It's an easy change if it doesn't work.
  • Can't promise anything with the door...I can't open .ase models and I have a couple door projects of my own atm.
  • Best make a tracker for the cookpot.

• it would never get hot enough, you would get lots of soot more than anything else.
  • Hmm, I wonder if blender can export to .LWO then.
  • Will do.

it would never get hot enough, you would get lots of soot more than anything else.

You're probably right. I'll change it.

Bars of soap are actually fairly recent, and I have no idea what soap would have looked like before then. Most medieval/tudor soaps were liquid and powder, I believe.