The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

Can the bed have alternate covers? I assume a lot of Builders would prefer a coarse, simple blanket as a form of penance.

You just have to write a skin file for that purpose, I guess. The texture used is stock tdm.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

You just have to write a skin file for that purpose, I guess. The texture used is stock tdm.

That's right. Though I'm not sure a penitent would sleep in an ornate bed to begin with (this is obviously for a priest or high-ranking builder, not the general rank and file). The cover texture is textures/darkmod/carpet/runners/ornate_black_white

talking of which could you have a look at that(there is a prefab and a .ase model) and see if any tris can be saved.

I can't do anything with .ase models.

I fairly doubt that the working class drank tea in medieval til early industrialization at least in europe.

However, skins can be created and textures modified pretty simple, so I would let Springs concentrate on what he can do much better then most of us, and others may do the rest ;)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

I don't think I've ever seen a teacup made of something other than ceramic/china....? We do have pewter and wooden beer mugs though.

What can I say at this point other than those TDM screens shots are what Thi4f 'should' have looked like. That second shot actually resulted in a spontaneous and unspected amount of drool to form at the side of the mouth... :huh: Very atmospheric and motivational as allways Springs, in fact I am going to put some/all these new models in the RITS tutorial map that I've been meaning finish...

On the kitchen front, may I make a request pretty please..? the large stove has always bugged me with its blandness, could you work your magic on that please..? It dosent help that there are no skins for it, but even then its a single texture across the whole model.

- models/darkmod/kitchen/stove.lwo

I second the motion of creating a better stove!

Also I can't wait to see how detailed some post 2.03 missions are going be!

On the kitchen front, may I make a request pretty please..? the large stove has always bugged me with its blandness, could you work your magic on that please..?

Yep, I'd already made a tracker entry about that one. :)

I can make the doors into separate models and make a hollow interior. You can set it up as a prefab from there.

Wow thats looking fantastic!

Is there anyway I could get a copy of that? or should I look on the SVN for it?

Is there anyway I could get a copy of that? or should I look on the SVN for it?

The regular stove (and small stove) are on SVN now...haven't finished making the openable version yet.

Perfect! I only need the regular version. Thank you! :)

Also how do you do these models? do you draw the textures yourself or pull them from othersources? because the work is all very high quality (not doubting your ability just curious)

That's one stove I wouldn't mind owning, even if it would be a chore to heat. B)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved