The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

My first comment after playing your upcoming mission is going to be, "Nice, now I don't suppose we could now have some forest or seaside maps?" :P

There are two characters that can already be used as female guards--the rogue works, and grayman made good use of the female thief models for guards in In The North. There wouldn't be any women in the Builder clergy--perhaps nuns, and in a pinch you could use the mage body with a female head for that. I might be able to make a usable female mage by adjusting the male mesh to female proportions.

• Like 1

Very nice work Springheel! Loving all of these new models

Thank you, Springheel! That's a good model! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

is the helm loses its shadow on the highest-detailed stage (left). The pic on the right is from a bit further away:

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Yep, that's one of those "self-shadow" issues. Both the helmet and the chainmail have it set, so the helmet doesn't cast a shadow on the mail...when you back up, a simpler shadowmesh is swapped for the helmet, so the shadow IS cast. I'll fix that.

I've added some projected shadows to the bottom of our movable holders. The shadows have to be small so they don't overlap the holder model itself, but I think it definitely helps the objects look more grounded (when they're lit they don't cast normal shadows and tend to look like they're floating). The projected shadows turn on and off with the regular flame.

This is a very nice continuation of the light-toggle feature and makes it look great! And it will definitely help with the 3D navigation, making the world feel more real. Good work.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

Will this be for all objects with a bound light source? Or is this implemented on an item by item basis?

It's implemented in the def files, but I haven't set it up for everything yet; only the regular candles in holders. The same basic set-up would probably work well for movable lanterns too, as well as a lot of static lights. It's a bit time-consuming to set up so I'll probably only do it for the most common light sources at the moment, where appropriate.

She looks brilliant Springs, if that outfit were a different colour she could also pass for a nun or a holy woman of some sort. And while working on my wip I realise we dont have any old women AI, ither as cooks or townsfolk.

We'll definitely need a new vocal set for these characters...anyone know some female voice actors?

If we ask Goldwell very nicely to ask his g/f, she might do a set for us, she was the voice of the nobel-woman in Sotha's Ulysses.

Have you got a copy of the extra lines needed for the mage in addition to the generic lines that need doing..?

No, I haven't had time to write a script yet. I usually like to wait until I've heard the actor.

Amazing work springheel!

I was wondering if during your quest for new models there are any pirates/sailors on the cards?

@GW...?

I'll have a chat with her tonight, and as long as people like the style (use the noblewoman voice from Ulysses as reference) and if my girlfriend has the time I don't see why not.

• Like 1