The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

It's actually a blue seachub, which is apparently edible, but highly toxic if you don't know what you're doing. I guess TDM cooks are well-trained. :)

(I think I might desaturate the texture a little bit--it's not supposed to be quite that blue).

• 4 weeks later...

This one has actually been on SVN for a while, but I didn't finish the texture until recently:

post-9-1215300953_thumb.jpg

This one has actually been on SVN for a while, but I didn't finish the texture until recently:

Nice, but the face looks a bit blurry to me. Maybe it is because the background textures are all sharp with details?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Remember: If the game lets you do it, it's not cheating." -- Xarax

No, it actually is a bit blurry. To be honest, it's not my best work. I'm finding it very challenging to uvmap this particular model...I think it probably needs a morphmap, but I've never done that before. If anyone else wants to have a go, feel free, but I mainly wanted to get it good enough to be used. On a wall where you can't get right up close it looks fine.

No, it actually is a bit blurry. To be honest, it's not my best work. I'm finding it very challenging to uvmap this particular model...I think it probably needs a morphmap, but I've never done that before. If anyone else wants to have a go, feel free, but I mainly wanted to get it good enough to be used. On a wall where you can't get right up close it looks fine.

"But, the model has been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a torch."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the model didn't you?"

"Yes, yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard."

:D

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

Something we've been lacking--a furnace model.

furnace01.jpg

Nice, me likes! :wub:

If you have a bit of boredom, maybe you could also rework the texture (or make a skin?) of the fireplace models? They look way too clean to be used as they are, making decals nec. :)

If you make a bugtracker entry for me I might get to it eventually. I have loads of skin ideas I'm putting off until other things are done.

Ok, here's a small jewellery box. I made a solid one for decorative purposes, and a separate body & lid to make an openable one. This will be the box the St. Lucia relic is in.

jbox1.jpg

Nice. It could use a slight specular map.

Isn't 1024x1024 texture too big for such a small object?

Don't think so - eventually we will have a HiResTexture mod for TDM and this comes in handy for people with highend-systems running at 1920x1280 monitors (where such a box when viewed up close might easily take up 1024 pixels on the screen :)

anyway, nice work Springheel! :wub:

You're right about the specular...I already added one but after the screenshot. As for the size, it's eventually going to be .dds, so it won't be such a hit.

• 1 month later...

Needed a bit of a break from rigging, so I made an ornate candlestick for the church, and made a matching chalice as well. Both are about 450 polys with a 150 poly shadowmesh.

chalice.jpg

Needed a bit of a break from rigging, so I made an ornate candlestick for the church, and made a matching chalice as well. Both are about 450 polys with a 150 poly shadowmesh.

chalice.jpg

That is sexy. The middle one seems to texture-stretch on the inside though.

Shiny! (In more ways than one!) That texture is awesome.

Apart from the apparent stretching on the inside, which I didn't notice until Dram pointed it out.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

oooh pretty!

You should put some jewels in them and than it will be like Indiana Jones and the last crusade!

But seriously, thats beautiful sir!

|=-=------=-=|

happycheeze.deviantart.com

Moddb

Gamers Outreach, a nonprofit that uses videogames to raise money for chairty.

|=-=------=-=|

• 2 weeks later...

You'd have to be more specific shotgun. I can send you the uvmap of any .lwo model you'd like to make a texture for, but there are five hundred models. :)

Any interest in making a plucked duck? :)

A more detailed mounted wolf head--I think a bit better than the one at the top of the page.

wolf2.jpg

I like the goblet candle stick alot.

------

The wolfs head, I don't know. I think it stands out better than the one up top. Mainly because the colors are more vivid or contrasting, it has more depth in the tex, although I think the first one is much more realistic. The second has some wierd shadows and the teeth look fake/monster like. The mouth doesn't look snarled, that would have the lips around front teeth up more but back down, right now it's a box shape. And I think the cheeks, small head look more werewolf style than real wolf.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

And I think the cheeks, small head look more werewolf style than real wolf.

That's not unintentional. I based this one on the werebeast AI. :)