The Dark Mod Forums

Springheel's Stuff

Springheel

That can probably be done with our existing textures. I'm doing another light ( inspired by gatehouse) and want to run some LOD tests on AI, but I'll add it to my list.

@Spring, can I make a request?

We need better hedges and hedgrows like - http://opengameart.o...ent/free-hedges

Great. Basically this can be done using SEED. I've shown something similar in my mapping thread iirc.

Btw., this is free to use:

Provided by Nobiax.

CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0)

Public Domain Dedication

No Copyright

This license is acceptable for Free Cultural Works

The person who associated a work with this deed has dedicated the work to the public domain by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights, to the extent allowed by law.

You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.

So absolutely free to use or to modify in any kind of work (personal, commercial or else) =)

Please (no obligation), send me a link of the result at nobiax.deviantart.com or my other account on OpenGameArt.com (yughues) or ShareCG.com (yughues)

( watch my journal on deviantart to find them ) ;)

Or on Youtube.

For any commissions details are on my DeviantArt account.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

That's no problem. And much easier than building from scratch. I'll make LOD stages for them too as they look pretty high poly.

Ok, I took those models and made some adjustments to them so that they all use a single texture, and made a few extra varients while I was at it. Will upload the following:

hedge01_round_small

hedge01_round

hedge01_round_large (all these would look at home in wilderness settings too)

hedge01_square_small

hedge01_square

hedge01_square_long

hedge01_arch

All cast a simple shadow.

They're fairly high-poly, so I'll make entity versions with a LOD version.

Are you able to upload them and provide a link here? or will it be posted elsewhere?

hedge01_round_small

hedge01_round

hedge01_round_large (all these would look at home in wilderness settings too)

hedge01_square_small

hedge01_square

hedge01_square_long

hedge01_arch

Awesome work springs, dont suppose we could have some skins for them as well..?

Are you able to upload them and provide a link here? or will it be posted elsewhere?

If springs commits these to SVN I can extract all the required files for you.

Awesome work springs, dont suppose we could have some skins for them as well..?

It wouldn't be hard to make other skins if you have the textures available. All the hedges use hedge_round01.dds, which looks like below.

The part in red is transparent...that area would be for the branchy parts that stick out from the main hedge.

You also could play around with different colours by playing with the rgb values of the material shader (tdm_hedge_round01 and tdm_hedge_round01_edges)

As for me I'm going back to working on the other projects I have on the go.

post-9-0-99922000-1404159869.jpg

I'm not sure I uploaded the LOD entities yet...I'll try to remember tonight before I go out.

Ok, I think they're all up now. The hedge entities are under "Nature".

I'm curious what performance will be like. The main models have a lot of polys, though very few shadowcasting ones. There is currently only one low poly LOD stage that kicks in at 600 units or so. If they turn out to be too performance heavy I could make an intermediate one.

Those hedges make me happy because it means one of my ideas for a future mission can be realised. Very nice!

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

Could we please get a link to the hedges?

http://www.zippyshare.com/ is a free no-registration and quick place to upload files.

Edited by Goldwell

If it is on svn you should be able to download it directly.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter