The Dark Mod Forums

Available For General Discussion And Possibly Writing

Ibsen's Ghost

Hello all,

I signed up a while ago but I've never actually posted anything. Fingernail and Macsen know me from the Hammerite Imperium campaign where I've been the lead writer for pretty much the whole time. After finally getting hold of a copy of TDS (it's taken me this long to get an updated PC with all the specs plus a copy of the game), I took a second look at the project and thought it might be nice to get involved.

To be completely honest, I'm no longer the sort of person who has tremendous amounts of time to devote to the project so I don't want you to think I'm going to be able to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. I qualified as an English teacher last year and it takes a hell of a lot of my free time away. What I am saying, though, is that I would like to help out with any theory, plot elements, bits of writing and voice acting that you may need doing. All of these I have been doing at the Hammerite Imperium for a number of years.

Anyway, I'll keep this short and sweet. As I say, I won't be online all of the time and HI is still my primary concern as it's mainly my plot that's being used but after having written little bits at the weekend (probably inspired by TDS and this excellent, long-standing community) I found out that there was life in the old thief yet and that there were still things to explore about this game.

Let me know how I can be of use. :)

Hey, you can write for my FM if you like, it's going to have a train AND EVERYTHING.

As to whether we can fit you in in a general team member role, that's fairly questionable.

Thanks, people. That sounds good, Fing. Progress would be made in fits and starts if that's the deal as I never know when I'm going to be free but if you could pass on some details of what you're working on, I can take a look at it and try to breathe some extra life into it. I always try to make this sort of stuff a two-way process between the designer and the writer. That way you should get the best of both worlds and take good elements from each others work to expand upon.

• 3 months later...

Hello again,

Let me know if and when you need a bit of creative inspiration. Today was the last day of my holidays but I should have some free time in the summer if anyone wants to get their hands dirty with a complete mission or something. I keep checking the website now and again anyhow. There's usually something impressive to spur on the imagination. Keep up the good work, guys. If only we had a few Dromed scripters available for the Hammerite Imperium......anyone interested, or should I say, not ridiculously busy?

Just out of interest, Fingernail, I visited your website (nice!) and read about your guitar skills. Congratulations on reaching the final! If it's BBC, it's got to be quality.