The Dark Mod Forums

Magnesius' Meshes

Magnesius

Ah, yes, thanks for removing that... picture. :) Relax, I am not the person who takes all things serious, besides, I can make jokes about myself ("Plumbusius" was another possibility for my nickname, but somehow I decided better to use "Magnesius". Well!).

e're all working for the best product possible,

True, we do not want to create just another mod which would eventually dissappear in oblivion soon. By the way, I do not insist that you use every mesh I am sending to you, Springheel. Uhm..., honestly, the goblet is quite tawdry. Just take the ones you consider as useful, I have no problem with it. But I would like to see the chest and the gaslamp in the game, though!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, I am not the person who takes all things serious,

Glad to hear it. :)

But I would like to see the chest and the gaslamp in the game, though!

I'd like to get the chest in too, but I'll have to see whether I can figure out where to put everything--like I said, animations are beyond me. :)

I looked at the gaslight and it has a similar problem to the goblet. It has a great mesh, but could use a lot more detail in the texturing. If you don't mind another comparison:

comparison.jpg

(and actually, this is even after I modified the original texture a bit to tone down the yellow.) Not everything has to be as ornate as BT's, but the texture should be more than a flat colour. If you want to have another crack at it go ahead, otherwise I'll tinker with it when I have time.

BTW, for most objects, it's helpful to add noselfshadow to the material...especially rounded objects look better when they aren't casting a shadow on themself.

Ok, the chest/cupboard is in game as well. It's fairly large (about chest-height on the builder guard) but looks good. There's both the complete version as well as the separate door version.

It's fairly large (about chest-height on the builder guard)

Ah, you seem to have changed the player model's size. However, resizing the meshes in the editor works well in the most cases. You can give me a percentage number for shrinking the chest as well, though.

We haven't changed the size significantly, as far as I know. The cupboard is almost to the figure's chest, which seems a litte high. Compare it to the size of the desk on the right. There's nothing terribly wrong with having a really big cupboard like that, but it does make the doors look strangely large. When I first saw it I assumed it was meant to be about half that size.

chestheight.jpg

BTW, can you tell me which parts of the grammophone need to be updated? Has the model itself been changed, or just the textures?

BTW, can you tell me which parts of the grammophone need to be updated? Has the model itself been changed, or just the textures?

Since both have changed, please update both (corrected UV map + updated texture).

By the way, Sparhawk has just sent me an email that my CVS access should be working now, so that I can update my meshes once I have made some improvements to them. However, I will still send new files to your mail adress first for reviewing. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Although I am now receiving update-mails from the CVS server, I cannot properly connect to it, 'access denied', even with a new key pair. Well, I guess I have spent too much time with that issue, I will get back to modeling soon. However, I am starting studies next week and I am currently moving to Kaiserslautern - so, unfortunately, I have little time to spare at the moment!

Once I have settled everything there after arrival, I will revise my Magnesius' Meshes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mag. Went to use your spectacles in a map and noticed they are huge. Here they are sitting on top of an open book on a desk. They need to be about half that size.

spectacles.jpg