The Dark Mod Forums

Wishlist For Darkradiant

• 2 months later...

I know you guys already know this but right now that i'm playing with DR after coming from Unity i really miss this two things, I wished DR add a scale option for .lwo and .ase based models and a group function so you could rotate multi func statics (made from .lwo and .ase) as a single object, right now is really time consuming and really wasteful (making a bunch of redundant models) to import the model or models to Modo (in my case) scale or group them then reimport them to DR (as a totally different model), and imo one of the single reasons kitbashing or even Modular building design is really not fun imo on DR.

Edited by HMart

• 2 months later...

After learning that cntl-number makes an n-sided cylinder, I notice 0,1,2 are left out. My idea is to make them make a 10,11,12 sided cylinder respectively. Mappers will figure it out fast enough.

Also worth mentioning every once in a while you want a 20 sided cylinder just because. It'd be nice if there were a way to input sides within some reasonable range. But this is less important than my proposal above.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

Also worth mentioning every once in a while you want a 20 sided cylinder just because. It'd be nice if there were a way to input sides within some reasonable range. But this is less important than my proposal above.

Brush->Prism can give more than nine faces, though I'm not sure quite what the cap is.

Some things I'm repeatedly thinking about...

- louder scream when you're dying

• 5 months later...

What is it with vertices editor that circles / cylinders are not round -so you need to move corner vertices for about 1/32 to make i.e. rotating gear not look silly. Couldn't be implemented an option "adjust curves for perfect circle" to automate it?

S2wtMNl.gif

When you select an object, is there an option to put a little arrow in the windows pointing the direction to turn/go to put the object into view? Or I suppose it'd be origin and center in the case if multiple objects are selected.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

• 2 months later...

Persistent "groups/layers" between sessions.

eg, all seeds, all "floor mesh", all "whatever".

Also, "night mode" where all the bright, head-ache inducing whiteness can be toned down a tad to a nice Adobe CC (this forum's colour) grey, not only for mapping area and grids.

eg, like this:

Edited by teh_saccade

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't know if it's my wobbly fingers or anything but sometimes it's so frustrating to open the popup menu with the right mouse button; the work area just slides around like a scared rat with oily feet...

A shortcut for 'Convert to func_static' would be much appreciated. Maybe it already exists??

The ability to save out your hotkeys from the editor and a hotkey to edit your hotkeys would both be nice to haves. As a rather time consuming bonus, it would be awesome to have help buttons on what all of those hotkeys do.

• 1 month later...

I'd love for snapping to grid to always snap to grid, and never move off it even if the grid size is changed. Often

when working on a brush, I need to change the grid size, and add a new brush, and often the verts doesn't

snap to the new grid size. Be great if it did. :)

Also, an ability to have some new things added to the pre-built stuff. Like a set of stairs, or curved stairs

that could be resized. This would save a lot of time. Same with arches, would be nice to have a prebuilt

arch that can be resized.

Oh and lastly an option to choose a Dark background to the editor. I get sore eyes easily

and this would be great.

Oh and my number 1 peeve in all games, the player is always chest height to the AI. Be great if that could change,

but I think that's an engine thing.

Edited by NeonsStyle
  • Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

One minor thing that came to my mind yesterday while adding properties and links to entities: when you add those, you always have to click the OK button. It would be faster, if we could also double-click them.

Edited by Judith

maximum sides to a cylinder not counting top and bottom is 128 (32 * 4), use shift + s to get patch inspector, in patch tesselation, click on fixed subdivisions, and alter horizontal or vertical, depends on the orientation of the cylinder

Edited by stumpy

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to have a timer of how long we have spent in the map open.

Skacky posted on twitter a screenshot from one of his missions and I thought something similar would be cool to have in DR

C4ShrJcWEAE4nsC.jpg

• Like 3

One minor thing that came to my mind yesterday while adding properties and links to entities: when you add those, you always have to click the OK button. It would be faster, if we could also double-click them.

You can press enter instead of clicking the button.

Regarding links: If you select the entity that you want to link to first and then the entity that should get linked, and than press ctrl+k, a link will be added. That's the way I do it most of the time and it is pretty fast.

• Like 2

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

Regarding links: If you select the entity that you want to link to first and then the entity that should get linked, and than press ctrl+k, a link will be added. That's the way I do it most of the time and it is pretty fast.

This is very good to know; especially for setting up patrols.

• 2 weeks later...

delete me

Edited by NeonsStyle

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

You can press enter instead of clicking the button.

That never worked in my case. Ctrl+K is very useful though, I remapped this to just K to make it faster. Also, on various lists, you can start typing name of an item (command, property etc.) and use up/down arrows to move between matching items.

• 5 weeks later...

I still would like to see the scale system of GTK Radiant implemented. In GTK Radiant, you can rescale an

entire map to any fraction in about 15 seconds, and the result is always perfect.

The difference is very simple, GTK let's the user enter the X,Y & Z before any scaling is done, in DR

we scale X, then Y then Z so scaling ends up a mess. It's such a small change, but makes scaling in DR perfectly

usable. Especially on complex patches.

Edited by NeonsStyle

• 4 weeks later...

The ability to see mesh/patches from the "other side" in camera view, perhaps as outline.

Doesn't have to be selectable. Just to know they are there still when everything can get cluttered and there's an accidental drag-select which includes it and it is deleted, without knowing until there's a glaring massive hole in the floor, much later.

It would be nice, if the "anim" spawnarg had a button that opens the md5viewer and lets you choose the animation you want to use. Something similar already exists for sounds, models, skins and even heads in the AI section of the entity inspector and the md5viewer is also already implemented. Thus, I thought it might not be too much effort and it would make it much easier to choose animations you want to use.

Edited by Destined

• 2 months later...

Two things:

1) When watching video tutorials it's easy to forget which keys/buttons do what, and it's hard for the authors to remember to keep saying what they're pressing. If the viewer is trying to copy the author's steps, progress can come to a juddering halt. I suggest something in the window to display keypresses.

2) Can the slider for camera movement speed (3d view) be placed in the main window, above the 3d view? I can imagine myself wanting to change it a lot.

Edited by R Soul