The Dark Mod Forums

Female Sorcerer

oDDity

That's too bad, since Ido like it, and I'm the one in charge of the models.

Keep your opinions to yourself the next time, if you have a tangible criticism then give it, but don't just say 'I don't like it' like your personal opinon matters to me.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Hold up. So because you're in charge of the models you get final say, but those in charge of other areas (like programming the game system) have to listen to your ideas? No one else's opinion matters?

I thought this was a team.

And I did have "tangible criticism" - I think it's far, far too Hammer Horror. She looks like a cheap Bride of Dracula/Mrs Munster rip off.

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

Just because of the grey strip in the hair?

I'd already explained that the mages have a birth mark if born with the gift, like white eyes or a grey hair stripe.

The only similarity between this and Lily Munster/Bride of frankestien is the grey hair stripe, if anything it's a rip off from the Belgariad and the sorceress Polgara who had a grey stripe in her hair.

That's why I dont' take your totally inacciurate and naive 'criticism' seriously, because you don't seem to have a clue.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

No, because of everything.

The hair.

The hair stripe.

The collar.

The bodice.

The dress.

Everything.

Take like it's meant to be. I've never criticised your models unduly in the past so don't act like I'm just being an arse.

And I never saw a picture of Polgara. Was there one, or a film or something?

I want your brain... to make his heart... beat faster.

My God, you're right, she's a virtual mirror image of these two.

I mean, they've all got:

Eyes, a nose, breasts, a dress, two arms, opposable thumbs...there's no end to the similarities.

post-51-1143897682_thumb.jpg

post-51-1143897750_thumb.jpg

- Emil Zola

character models site

What's the point posting your models oDDity if you're going to flip out when we criticise them? Or do you just post them so we can 'hail oDDity'?

The players aren't going to think 'how cool, the sorceress Polgara' they're going to think 'that's just a cheesy bride of frankenstein rip-off'.

I think you're pretty unsure about how good this is yourself, oDDity, or you wouldn't have posted it up before it is finished.

Since it is unfinished it's pretty impossible to tell how good it will look, it could look great in oDDity's eye and he's the only one who can 'see' the final product. I just think Hammer Horror is by its nature hammy and over the top while the Dark Mod world is more gritty and down to earth. But if you think it's any good, carry on - it's up to the player if they want to use it after all.

What's the point posting your models oDDity if you're going to flip out when we criticise them? Or do you just post them so we can 'hail oDDity'?

The players aren't going to think 'how cool, the sorceress Polgara' they're going to think 'that's just a cheesy bride of frankenstein rip-off'.

I think you're pretty unsure about how good this is yourself, oDDity, or you wouldn't have posted it up before it is finished.

Since it is unfinished it's pretty impossible to tell how good it will look, it could look great in oDDity's eye and he's the only one who can 'see' the final product. I just think Hammer Horror is by its nature hammy and over the top while the Dark Mod world is more gritty and down to earth. But if you think it's any good, carry on - it's up to the player if they want to use it after all.

I'm rejecting the criticism becasue it's inaccurate, not becasue it's a criticism.

The ony one I've heard so far is:

'any female model with a grey stripe in her hair is automatically designated as a bride of frankenstein rip off, even if there are no other similarities'

I don't accept that. The stripe isn't an essential part anyway.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I'm rejecting the criticism becasue it's inaccurate, not becasue it's a criticism.

The ony one I've heard so far is:

'any female model with a grey stripe in her hair is automatically designated as a bride of frankenstein rip off, even if there are no other similarities'

Well since everyone wo has seen this model have immediately thought 'Bride of Frankenstein' straight off the bat, it seems that any female model with a grey stripe in her hair is automatically designated as a bride of frankenstein rip off, even if there are no other similarities (apart from clothes, evil vampire face, and everything else).

That's only because you people are philistines though, who's thought processes consist of very low level comparisions.

I can't be held responsible for the intelectual level of my audience.

- Emil Zola

character models site

I agree that it does remind me a bit like something from Frankenstein on TV/movies era in its current state. It has potential, though. Not sure how it should be tweaked, but here's a quick mod of her as an idea. When she goes to cast a spell, she raises her arms and the inner part of her cape twinkles lights, and the base of her dress (the gold parts) lights up with magical energy as she conjurs her spells:

sorceror_female_df.jpg