oDDity

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An update on Mr Wolf.

I'm not sure how dog-like to make him. It would be nice to make the legs more animal-like, but that will mean a whole different rig and tricky animations. It might not be worth the it.

Don't mind the spikes on his back, it's just a rough idea of the way the hair will spike out there, giving more of a beast look.

post-51-1144862046_thumb.jpg

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

If making the legs animal-like is out, what about modifying the feet a bit to make them more paw-like? That plus a tail might go a long way in making the body look more canine.

Looks good. Where is his big dog cock? If the women are going to be so anatomically correct why not the wolfs? Or is it a she-wolf?

The nails on his feet look nicely cut compared to those on his hands, and he looks like he's having a dump, but otherwise it's good.

Macsen is correct, and it's obviously not female either.

Regarding the legs, maybe they could be slightly different than a humans. They work the same way but are of a slightly different shape more suited to what he does. Like how gorillas still have forward bending knees like us but they are so different they look more like short little arms.

Ooo, this is gonna be good

Exactly what I was thinking. These guys always belonged in Thief - they will be a perfect addition. Heck, with hostile humans, undead, and lycanthropes, who could ask for more mission possibilities?

Imagine you're just going to run past that lady servant because she's no real threat, maybe KO her if she makes too big a noise...

...and then she shapeshifts.

About the abilities of these guys. The player would obviosuly never be able to outrun them, and you can't kill werewolves with anything but silver, so I guess we'll need to provide a few silver headed arrows for FM authors to place in missions with werewolves. I know how people don't like totally unkillable ememies, but it doesn't bother me in a stealth game.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Haha, we've got at least 2 other "nigh unkillable" AI suggested that I remember.

This is the perfect game for invincible AI - a game where killing is not the main course of action. We should'nt be ashamed of it. Being afraid of a really tough and practically unkillable enemy is what makes a lot of the scarey moments in Thief.

Holy water was also supposed to harm werewolves, and I don't see why fire arrows couldn't also. I don't think we need to add new weapons.

The only problem is having a key for it really.

This would probably be solved by pressing one of the arrow weapon keys, and then just using next weapon till it appears.

The rest of the work (textures and script) is negligable.

So if there's really a big hoo-haa about making one for our first release, it won't be a big deal to let the community make one.