The Dark Mod Forums

_atti_'s Models

_Atti_

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be a language thing...I'm not sure what a 'saltpot' is. It's a nice bowl though. :)

I wonder if it's sufficiently different from the bowl BT showed a few days ago though? Especially if one is loot and one isn't.

I tried to make one separately but its just not good when just applied to a simple plane..some could be modeled basicly but most would need quite highpoly to match the shape of it..

i thought i make a pile of them this way its not flat, problem with that is that even in a tresure chest its rare to find that big heap of jewels :)

edit:forgot the pic

atpileofjewelyn2.th.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure those are going to work, actually. If I saw that model in-game I wouldn't be quite sure what I was looking at. The problem with jewellery is that individually it is _very_ small, and it's rarely found in piles, as you said.

• 1 month later...

I like the shelves, but the table looks kind of strange to me. Do tables often have a vertical part like that?

atchandalier2ur0.th.jpg

Chandalier

tried reducing as much as i could but its still 1000..its four sided desing is a hit:)

one thing i would like to ask..now its glass part has polygons on both sides, is it possible to delete the inside polys and make the outside ones render 2 sided?

(and would the alpha work on it as it should? and is it more efficient than actually having the polygons there ? )

Huh, never seen a table like that before.

Something looks off with the chandelier. There are definite corners where it looks like it should be smooth. I also don't think the glass texture looks right--it's very opaque.

(btw, I think you should go ahead and upload that bowl up top)

Much better on the chandelier. Something about it still bothers me though...it could be that the design is kind of bulky and metalic, yet it's got these delicate pink glass bits on top.

The bowl can go into loot, I guess. BT hasn't uploaded his bowls and who knows when/if he will, so I don't think we should wait.

"Much better on the chandelier. Something about it still bothers me though...it could be that the design is kind of bulky and metalic, yet it's got these delicate pink glass bits on top."

well it can be replaced easily, tough i like it like that:) maybe the same glass thats on the gaslight? and using this with a bit more goldish colored one? also thought of making this same glass simply white..

ok i am uploading it to loot.. i am renaming it to small bowl since it seems saltpot is meaningless to most.

• 1 year later...

Hello, Writing here after more than a year is like stepping out of a time machine whatever that would feel like:)

Nice not being banned from the inner sections:) thanks for the patience, there was finishing year on the high school back in 06/07, with all the leaving tests, also had to prepare for drawing tests that was needed to start my studies on a university learning to be an architect.

Summer was fast and i wanted to hang out as much as i could before first semester hits, also helped a friend of mine doing the graphics for a community site (so i learned a bit of 2d if not much) .

So now the first semester is finished, and though it was a busy one i will soon need practice in modeling again and since i am not that great at giving myself assignments , and that i am still interested in the mod i think i will do some work here again if its allright. this time maybe in the concept field too.

Welcome back _Atti_

I wasn't around back when you were but you've made some nice models. Some things have changed since I started with the team so I'll let you in on that stuff, maybe it would be possible for you to do some updates on your old stuff.

Mainly what needs updating and Tels just started a thread earlier today I believe, models need to be closer to the grid. We have some tables and whatnot that have tops that don't aling to even a very small grid size so placing items on them without floating is difficult or impossible. This stuff isn't too hard but I can only import/export ase's with Max without remapping them. Springheel has been doing alot of lwo work but he's got other stuff to do also I believe.

Not as fun working on new stuff I know but I have and am doing it to all my stuff as I just recently got the grid size figured out.

Also, most objects origins need to be very close to the center of the objects so frobbing works best, also moving and rotating the objects is best with a centered origin. On stuff like non-moveable furniture I don't think it matters whether or not the origin is centered or at the floor level. Consistancy is probably best and most furniture seems to have origin on the floor.

So with tables they'd need vertically stretched just far enough for the top to be right on a grid line, or shrunk, whichever is closest. I think a larger grid line is best where possible.

Also, anything small/moveable needs to have a collision mesh. Anything over about 500 polys needs a shadow mesh. I think we've pretty much added collision and shadows to 99% of all the old stuff that needs it although I do have a short list of lwo's that need collision so they can be added to the moveables.

----------This is at the top of tdm_moveables.def, it should be updated as they are complete if possible.There might be more but that was all I found when adding objects to this def.

//Need to add from models:

//all signs, need collision models

//statueette priest.lwo needs collision

//decor/wall/horshoe needs collision

//tools: pick axe, pitch fork, smithy hammer, spade,

//wearables: belt pouch, boot large, cap rish, inventor goggles, spectacles

//kitchen -food- cake

//junk- chair 3 leg collision too complicated for moveable.

//hat broadbrim model too complex

-------

I'd also like to see more openeable furnitur. Due to the limit of entities it would be best to have non-openables that we already have, and if you feel like it some furniture 'bases' with seperate doors/drawers that can be opened/locked.

In this case the door/drawer origins would need to be at the pivot location, and the door would have to be aligned to grid so that it matches the position of the door hole on the grid (but the door needs centered vertically for best frobbing.

Anyway, I know that's alot to choke on and you may only be interested in doing some new objects. Either way it'll be good to have another modeller doing some work.

Springheel has a thread of requested objects and that's probably the best place to start unless you have stuff in mind...

Also, if you can start leaning towards higher side counts, I think 14 is where stuff starts to really look round. With a simpler shadow mesh polycount really doesn't matter too much.

Dark is the sway that mows like a harvest

Well, i will look into this, got to install doom3 and setup the Svc, i dont really have anything left from darkmod on the comp ( aside from raw .3ds-s), problem is i have the serialnumber at home( i am like 400km far from there, college) so have to wait till someone can send me over the number.

Thanks for summing up the changes.

• 1 month later...

well i am sorry it seems i cant return to the mod..it seems i overestimated my freetime:/

i got too much on my hands ..studies, drawing,planning

10571093361203285862.jpg

also got to commute between the univ/home once / 1-2 weeks and thats 6 hours/ trip.

this wasnt too bad in the previous semester cause i had the friday free.. but not this time.

Sorry i rushed the thought of returning:/