The Dark Mod Forums

Building A Pc - Could Use Some Suggestions/crits

woah

Yep that's pretty fucked up.

If you want to waste as little cash as possible then I suggest you get the 6800 GS and overclock it - they have great overclocking potential and if you need I can guide you through the overclocking. My card is a 6600 GT and I overclocked it by about 20%. I get about as much 3D marks as a 6800 default.

Note - my card is not artifacting.

Though if you want even more power (let's say you want to run oblivion at 2000000fps :wacko: ) you can get the 7800 or something - though I'm pretty sure that's above your budget - I'm going of AU prices here.

Argh! This is really pissing me off...

Whenever I fill out an RMA Return form on Newegg and click the Submit RMA button, I am taken to a white page with the following text in red: "Sorry! The RMA record does not exist!" WHAT RMA Record?! Happens both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Just submitted an email to rma@Newegg.com to process my RMA manually. I'm quite positive my request will go unfulfilled as it is through E-Mail, but I guess it is worth a try...

Damn, that's pretty fucked up.

That's why it's better to buy things in person then on the net :( - I'm still waiting for Oblivion from GamesMarket, even though I ordered it a week prior to its release. I already bought it at EBGames near mine but i'm waiting for the gamesmarkjet one so i can sell it somewhere.

Remember - NEVER BUY FROM GAMESMARKET - THEY ARE FUCKTARDS

If you want to waste as little cash as possible then I suggest you get the 6800 GS and overclock it - they have great overclocking potential and if you need I can guide you through the overclocking. My card is a 6600 GT and I overclocked it by about 20%. I get about as much 3D marks as a 6800 default.

That's not bad, given that the 6600 Series has only a 128-bit memory interface against the 6800's 256-bit.

That said, "default" version of graphics cards are generally pretty lame, most people go for something with letters after it.

Hey, well I returned my card and I am now looking for a new one.

Now my question is: How much of a difference in performance will I see between a ~$250 card and a ~$180 card? I ask because I was contemplating on the following:

- SAPPHIRE 100154L Radeon X1800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - $259 w/ rebate

Or, I could go for a less powerful card for around $180, but I'm not sure how much performance I would lose.

Edited by woah

Hey, well I returned my card and I am now looking for a new one.

Now my question is: How much of a difference in performance will I see between a ~$250 card and a ~$180 card? I ask because I was contemplating on the following:

- SAPPHIRE 100154L Radeon X1800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - $259 w/ rebate

Or, I could go for a less powerful card for around $180, but I'm not sure how much performance I would lose.

Well, after doing some more research, based on some comparisons, it is irrational (in my opinion) to buy the X1800XT when you can get a virtually equally peforming card for $100 less--the Geforce 7600GT. See the comparisons here:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view....1866&cid=3&pg=8

I'm not paying an extra $100 for roughly 5-10 more FPS (and only at high resolutions/with AA/AF enabled for that matter. Otherwise both cards are pretty much on par)...

Here is the card I'm disputing on getting now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150140

Tell me what you guys think...

EDIT: I just realized they were referring to the X1800XL. Though, the X1800XL is even more expensive than the X1800XT, so I believe the Geforce 7600GT is still a better choice by far.

Edited by woah