The Dark Mod Forums

Need Help With Level Desing ?

Pablo_Messier

Those candles look nice. The walls etc look blockyish, but hell, I made worse in the beginning hehe. I like the atmosphere you have there, though you could really do better with more castleish textures (the default ID wall bricks are not so nice) - this is of course not your fault as D3 comes with metal and hell pretty much, and with our textures it would look splendid. It would be nice if we could see some more, though. ATM I think it's pretty good :) How long have you been mapping btw?

If you improve even more (which you no doubt will), I think you could pull off some pretty nice things with the assets we have atm. :)

Also, you know thief right? (I have to ask hehe)

@The rest of the Team: I can make out details fine, though it's night here.

Just looked at them again. I notice you're using patches pretty well :) Something that took me ages to use properly :rolleyes:

If you can show more screenies that are this quality or better, you have my vote :)

BTW, are you applying for beta mapper or team mapper?

Just looked at them again. I notice you're using patches pretty well :) Something that took me ages to use properly :rolleyes:

If you can show more screenies that are this quality or better, you have my vote :)

BTW, are you applying for beta mapper or team mapper?

you ask t omany questions dram i have been mapping for 2 years and ican do better than that want to see more.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply - I've been having router problems.

Looking at those they are quite nice, third pic is most impressive

The first two pics are good, and I'm sure you'd do much better with proper textures and all :)

Also, as I asked before, are you applying for beta mapper or team mapper?

Beta Mapper won't be mapping the campaign further down the track and basically has no real deadlines to follow and all, while a Team member will work on the campaign and has deadlines (sort of anyways) etc. I think I wrote a more in depth difference somewhere else.

In any case, the map pics you posted could sure benefit from static meshes etc such as tables and the sorts, our mod of course has those, so I'm picturing you map with better textures and things like chairs, tables etc.