The Dark Mod Forums

A Fil-yourself Vocabulary

Forsaken

We (a group of crazy people) need something like a vocabulary which you can fill in and configure your way. We need words that don't exist in any language to translate to something else, so an English-Russian vocabulary won't help us. We need to enter the word "rontei", and get an explanation "Basically means good, as a noun, used as "happiness/goodness", as a verb, "make happy/good". Example..." and so on. Since the word "rontei" is not present anywhere, we need a vocabulary we can fill in on our own.

Besides that, eh, we really need an option to select "Translate from Brunnen-G to Russian", "Translate from French to Brunnen-G", which is also a huge problem, since we do need to drag all those side cultury people in.

A vocabulary such as this is easy to program, probably, but the only programmer we have is either busy, being lazy, or isn't interested in the project, or all together, because he behaves like "Leave me alone". He proposed us to make a topic and the first post - the vocabulary, so to press Ctrl+F to find the needed word. I knew from the start that this wouldn't work, though I didn't know it would be such a problem until I made it. http://www.druid.ru/bored/viewtopic.php?t=...152d55c926ecdd2 Type in "enter" in Ctlr-F. There isn't any. There is entrance, but not "enter". You'll spend half an hour to find one word, we don't have enough words so one word means about 5 because we don't have synonims yet. So this sucks really bad, it is easyer to find a word by scanning the page, but the voc is quite long... :wacko: So this option is out too... If you know any other ways which don't involve a whole voc program...

And the other problem is putting this on a web page... The lazy guy can do it (bah, he made the whole site and forum), but no one else can... So we need a hosting, but we can't take a Russian one, since it'll slow down for English, and in reverse. I suppose a German hosting will do, so if you know one, or one that is OK for any major country, please tell. And, of course, we need a constructor, because we all such at web-programming. But how are we going to put the voc on there I don't even want to imagine...

Sorry for the long post. Yeah, ours is a falling project I guess, unless the damned programmer wakes up...

Too late to save us but try to understand

The seas were empty -- there was hunger in the land

We let the madmen write the golden rules

We were just Children of the Moon

We're lost in the middle of a hopeless world

Children, Children of the Moon watch the world go by

Children, Children of the Moon are hiding from the Sun and the Sky

© The Alan Parsons Project - Children of the Moon