The Dark Mod Forums

Donations.

Necrovox

I'm dying for this mod to be finished, but seeing as you're doing this all in your free time and all, not to mention running this website... You have a paypal account I could throw 5 bucks into once in a while to somewhat help with the cost?

Looks so good so far, keep up the amazing work guys.

It's not free money though, that's the point. You'd be making this game in return for it.

I bet there are plenty of people out there who'd pay a small fee to have a Thief 4.

It all adds up.

IF every member of this forum alone gave only $10, you have enough to buy a car.

Of course it would be better spent buying each dev member a leet new computer to get the work done faster.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

Of course it would be better spent buying each dev member a leet new computer to get the work done faster.

Ahhh, if only the world worked that way huh? :) I could stand a new video card right about now...and I don't mean a top of line card...I would be happy with anything a few steps higher than the crappy little FX 5200 that I have right now. It actually overclocks quite nicely with the fan I attached to it though.

Now that's a good idea. We should look if we find a billionaire sponsor who is so fond of thief, because he played it at childhood and always remembers it and ... :)

Don't worry Darkness I wouldn't like to go that route. ;) To much hassle. I guess that's the reason why I'm working for free on a mod instead of getting rich. :)

Gerhard

That depends on your definition of modest. Modest from your or my point of view? :)

Remember, I'm a teacher of adult literacy. Half my paycheck takes the form of pats on the back from better paid citizens who tell me what important work I do, then rant about having to pay taxes to support "bums." I'm betting my modest is your impoverished. ;)

See, this is why we could never actually have a corporate jet. The internal politics would tear us apart. :)

How about a corporate shuttle!?!?!?

gallery45.jpg

"Ok, which dick pressed the Jettison SRBs button?" *strong laughs from background, mostly resembling Dram*

Nah but seriously, even if you all donated the work could not get done quicker due to RL things like work/uni etc. I would'nt accept money anyways, -ESPECIALLY- not from the Thief community, as they've kept my favourite game of all time alive all these years :)

Plus there's the morals issue. I just simply copuld not accept money just like that, I was brought up like that. Mind, I'm not from a "loaded" family ;) .

Ahhh, if only the world worked that way huh? :) I could stand a new video card right about now...and I don't mean a top of line card...I would be happy with anything a few steps higher than the crappy little FX 5200 that I have right now. It actually overclocks quite nicely with the fan I attached to it though.

Well here a 6600GT costs about $150 AU. That is quite a good price. I got a 20% overclock with it too.

Either way, there's always a sweet spot in the vid card market. Try get a card in the reasonable price range.

@Dom: I don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but that card is quite old :( You're in Melbourne right? well if you can spare 150 or so you can get a card that is about 5 times as fast as that one. Possibly more, forgot what the benchmarks were.