The Dark Mod Forums

Update

Springheel

Things seem to have died here. I've done mock-ups of most of the menus, so I'm just waiting around.

Pak was going to post a clock-based concept, right? What else is happening? Has the first loading screen been completed yet? Let's take an inventory of what has been done and what still needs to be done.

things are continuing, i took a break from it for about 4 days now since i threw my back out thursday morning,

so ive been bed ridden for the most part. it took me an hour friday morning to finally get up in a chair..

seriously.. from the moment i decided to try to sit at the computer i had to slide around about 4 inches at a

time to finally get into some position where i could make a final painful thrust to just get on all fours while

waiting about 5 minutes inbetween each attempt for the pain spasms to subside.

this morning though its better seeing how i was able to sit in a chair with some discomfort but much quicker.

but enough about my old work injuries...

the menu is coming along, im working on the loading/saving screens now. had to refit the menu paper on each

screen for a proper 1 to 1.5 ratio, which means i had to redo all the text ect.

napalm showed up, i was hoping to offload some of it to him, but he's afk again. i pm'd him about 3 weeks

ago but never got a response but i'll pm him again and hopefully it can come alot quicker.

basicly, aside from the menu itself, it's the initial splash screen thats needed, and whatever is inbetween that

and the menu thats needed.

startup anim, logo if applicable, movie intro..

now since i threw my back out thursday morning,

so ive been bed ridden for the most part. it took me an hour friday morning to finally get up in a chair..

Ouch! I've been there myself. :(

had to refit the menu paper on each

screen for a proper 1 to 1.5 ratio, which means i had to redo all the text ect.

Not sure what you mean here. The text is independent of the background, right? I thought the plan was to add the real graphics in once everything was functional.

the paper was skewed slightly, sitting at 300x472 so i ajusted it to 314x472 to bring it closer to 1.5 ratio which

the paper is at, and that made the text not centered on the page, so i ran through it to ajust it all.

and at the moment, im going to go with the doom3 fonts for now, just until it's almost to complettion, then add

the text images after,since there's so many styles of highlights that can be done to them, we will have to decide

which one is suited best for it, once thats decided upon then i can go ahead and make them all.

napalm showed up, i was hoping to offload some of it to him, but he's afk again. i pm'd him about 3 weeks

ago but never got a response but i'll pm him again and hopefully it can come alot quicker.

I'm around still, I did respond to you, my account was messed up for a couple weeks and nothing seemed to work so I'll attribute it to that. If you give me copies of .guis you've been wroking on for whatever you want I'll see what I can do, maybe we can meet on IRC or something to figure out things