The Dark Mod Forums

Pushing

grim

Actually, I'm not really for a running limit myself, it was very annoying both in GTA and Morrowind (never played D3), but I think adding encumbrance would add a bit of a good challenge to the game, forcing the player to choose his equipment more carefully. It's just a suggestion though, so I'm not going to argue about it, you still have a lot of work to do anyway. ;)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about encumberance then the more loot that you carry should reduce your movement speed as well. The PC should also have the option to put down his bag of loot silently, gently laying it down, not having to throw it like in Thief 1/2.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

You guys seem to be very afraid of making the game difficult, whis I find saddening.

Spoken like someone who's utterly failed to think the matter through. Making a game difficult is trivial. Making a game FUN is not.

People who approach computer games as some sort of test of their manhood instead of a source of entertainment are a bit broken in the head, IMHO.

The PC should also have the option to put down his bag of loot silently, gently laying it down, not having to throw it like in Thief 1/2.

*psst* By default in T1/2, the "r" key drops an inventory item quietly down without throwing it.

I hope I have not shaken your world with this revelation (or did you already know this?)

Edited by demagogue

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

*psst* By default in T1/2, the "r" key drops an inventory item quietly down without throwing it.

I hope I have not shaken your world with this revelation (or did you already know this?)

Yeah I know about the drop key :rolleyes: , but that never gently laid items down. If you 'r' dropped an item on a hard surface it would cause a big sound, so it wasn't much better than throwing, in fact throwing would be better in some cases because then the sound would not be right at your position.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

oddity, you aren't working that much on the dark mod any more? Arggh! The quality of oddity's modeling is just excellent, something not often seen in any mod, it has really enhanced the look of the mod. It would be a loss to not have him working on the project. :(

I'm non technical and hence slightly naive. Is it possible for those models of the Thief to actually be in game. You know the one of the Thief holding the Bow...

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

So can those 3 models of the Thief actually be used in game? The renders that is.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/uploads/post-5-1109789155.jpg

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/uploads/post-5-1109789502.jpg

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/uploads/post-5-1109801299.jpg

Edited by Arumakani

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

The Thief model will be ingame eventually, as we have to swap out the doom marine model that is currently in its place. The model is used for reflections and although it looks strange if you use it with a first person setup, player shadow. We're not going to put a lot of time into supporting player shadow, and it's turned off by default...but you can still try it out if you wish.

Will do Timothy. I really like the look of thos models. Oddity is very talented. It reminds me of a mix of Garrett, Robin Hood and a ninja.

BTW, which model is actually going to be used?

Edited by Arumakani

The Thief model will be ingame eventually, as we have to swap out the doom marine model that is currently in its place. The model is used for reflections and although it looks strange if you use it with a first person setup, player shadow. We're not going to put a lot of time into supporting player shadow, and it's turned off by default...but you can still try it out if you wish.

I always play Doom 3 with player shadow on! It's so much more immersive to me to see my shadow move along the opposite wall from the light, or things like that. It's one of the strengths of TDS to me

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

Brillinat mate. Why not stay till the end of the development process? :(

The bow seems quit high on the back...

Edited by Arumakani

What about using the thief model as a stand-alone NPC?

(... just wondering as long as the topic is raised.)

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

A very nicely detailed model. :) Hmm, that would have to be modified for no face covering (with a greenish tinge to his right eye color) and a hooded long flowing black cloak for use as Garrett in FM's the accurate way he always looked in Thief and Thief 2. Other than that, it's looks just about ready to go for Thief FM's. :)

Edited by Dunedain