PinkDot

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm who just died in here?? :o

just kidding :laugh: great models PinkDot... with some zombies running around them it's just like a kids playground.. :huh:

WTF? lol, keep it low on the pill Squil...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA IT RHYMES!!!!!!!!!! TGFHJNJXFVYCHJNH

WTF? lol, keep it low on the pill Squil...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA IT RHYMES!!!!!!!!!! TGFHJNJXFVYCHJNH

Oh, delicious irony. :rolleyes:

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

yeah i know ... have to keep myself away from these vitamins... :laugh::P

but man your good on rhymes..could you write me a poem?

Ok sure *hick*

This one is a little strange but noone should take offence - it is completely and utterly random - like Uselessness WTFO.o

Anyways:

Little Red Cockschpangle

There was once little red cockschpangle

she had to go to her fairy schgodmothers to get some tea

but this tea was weird, it had gays in it

but little red cockschpangle knew little miss fuckit see, so she knew there were gays in it,

so she took the schlong gun with her

but in the woods on the way she met a schwolf

and the worst part was, that this schwolf was gay

so she used the schlong gun on him

but he had no schcock so little red cockschpangle had no choice but to use...

the super gayfag remover

so she aimed the super gayfag remover and pulled the trigger

it shot an amazing ray of schloeub

and then the schwolf was gone

so then she finally got to her schgrandmothers

she walked in and said, "hello schgrandma! schwhere's the tea?"

and the schgrandma replied with "schpangle wangle dangle"

so naturally, little red cockschpangle knew exactly where to look,

and sure enough, she found the tea of gays

so she reloaded her schlong gun and fired

suddenly the gays had no more schlongs and ran around scared

so little red cockschpangle pulled out a 12-guage and sent them all to schell

so then she left and said "bye schgrandma"

and the schgrandma replied with "bangle dangle gangle"

but little red cockschpangle knew that meant bye

so then she got home and lied down

as she lay there, a schpangledick appeared in her window

so she pulled out the 12-guage and pumped the fucker

then she went and ate it for schdinner.

The End

There was once little red cockschpangle

she had to go to her fairy schgodmothers to get some tea

(...)

(...)

(...)

so she pulled out the 12-guage and pumped the fucker

then she went and ate it for schdinner.

The End

I'm glad you like my models Dram... ;)

@mikebart - yeah, some trees and other plants definitely should go with them to create the atmosphere... I'd like to make some later.

I'm glad you like my models Dram... ;)

@mikebart - yeah, some trees and other plants definitely should go with them to create the atmosphere... I'd like to make some later.

Oh shit! Sorry Pink! I got carried away and forgot it was your thread :blush:

Oh shit! Sorry Pink! I got carried away and forgot it was your thread

No schproblem ;):)

----

BTW: Is it OK to post some pics of my models on some low poly modelling forum? I'd like to get some feedback from wider community of low poly modelers.

No schproblem ;):)

:D

BTW: Is it OK to post some pics of my models on some low poly modelling forum? I'd like to get some feedback from wider community of low poly modelers.

Of course. Just because you created it for darkmod does not mean that darkmod holds all rights. You do, but darkmod can use it freely etc.

Of course. Just because you created it for darkmod does not mean that darkmod holds all rights. You do, but darkmod can use it freely etc.

I was thinking more about keeping things in secrecy before we release the mod. But that's just my few models - I wouldn't reveal too much of entire mod's content...

I don't think it would be a problem, but thanks for asking ahead of time. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm uploading hammers and graveyard models at the moment. Skin declarations only for hammers so far, but for graveyard also are coming soon.

BTW: here are some ingame graveyard shots from my first map (it's more models test map, cause I'm still learning DR). Oh, fence poles are floating a bit... just don't mind it... it's still WIP.

shot00056.jpg

shot00059.jpg

shot00063.jpg

The composition and choice of colours look great, I like the way you've added the mood early on and kind of built up the atmosphere with lights, do you think you'll add some more detail?

I hope you do something about the harsh shadow being cast by the lamp its pretty obstructive and very unrealistic, perhaps a shadow map or just less contrast would fix it. The grass texture looks a bit low res too I think. Some subtle grass and weed decals would look good around the graves and edges of things.

btw, whats that verticle shadow line on the left side of the centre grave stone in the top pic? (im just looking at that one the most cause I like it the best)

If you want I can email you the Ivy and tree model I made if you'd like, but i understand if you want to make this your own personal work for a portfolio.

nice work though, cant wait to see more :)

Oooh. Pretty! (I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this thread... "Oooh. Pretty! *whirrwhirrwhirr* Oooh. Pretty! *whirrwhirrwhirr* Oooh. Pretty! *whirrwhirrwhirr*")

I hope you do something about the harsh shadow being cast by the lamp its pretty obstructive and very unrealistic, perhaps a shadow map or just less contrast would fix it.

IMO shadowcasting can be turned off on light sources entirely without it looking bad.

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

IMO shadowcasting can be turned off on light sources entirely without it looking bad.

Yeah, I would tend to turn off shadowcasting entirely for that scene. The performance of a large shadowcasting moonlight is generally abysmal, and in a foggy scene you would never have sharp shadows (if you even saw shadows at all).

cool cool.... also a good place to hide secrets or maybe a secret hidden entrance to a cave ;)

Yeah, I would tend to turn off shadowcasting entirely for that scene. The performance of a large shadowcasting moonlight is generally abysmal, and in a foggy scene you would never have sharp shadows (if you even saw shadows at all).

indeed. only the light for example in the first screenshot could cast some shadows on the surrounding objects. But i would not place the light entity inside the model which now creates a big black square, but i understand it's still an early testmap... so keep going ^_^

do you think you'll add some more detail?

Yes, definitely I will. It hasn't been polished yet - it was really just to show how the graves look like in the game....

What I'm going to do is to build some city map with diffrent places (church, market, docks, cellars etc...) and make some props simultanously if we don't have them enough in our repository. So I'll probably make some more bushes and plants to make this space alive first...

btw, whats that verticle shadow line on the left side of the centre grave stone in the top pic?

Corners of this grave are convex, so it's that grave's selfshadow. I know that right side looks flat but you know - doomengine doesn't compute GI... ;) I'll see if I can do something with that texture...

If you want I can email you the Ivy and tree model I made if you'd like, but i understand if you want to make this your own personal work for a portfolio.

Well, my maps won't be made only of my models anyway, so I'm certainly intersted in your models - I like your very detailed style. (I don't have that much patience as you probably... ).

Aren't you going to commit your models to CVS or FTP, so everybody can use it?

I hope you do something about the harsh shadow being cast by the lamp

That lamp shadow - I don't like it too - I'll try with some texture (if that's possible, cause we can apply textures only to spot lights, can't we?)

Well, the performance is OK so far (30-50 fps), so unless I really need to turn it off I prefer to keep moonshadows for atmosphere reason. I don't know the performance with wandering AI there yet. And also I have to add some more areas to close this space with visportals in some logical way, so I expect fps might decrease significantly.

The fog effect used there is not the fog as wheater effect - it's more artistic effect to achieve some atmosphere and distance effect (colour perspective).

We can't really do much in doomengine with those sharp shadows which really hurt my eyes. All we can do is to play with colours of lights and shadows. Only in some places we can use mapped lights to soften the shadows but it's only fake effect, as we know...

We have to wait for the times when area shadows and GI will be computed in realtime... :)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback everybody! :)