The Dark Mod Forums

Anyone Looking Forward To STALKER ?

Arumakani

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was looking forward to stalker about 4 years ago, now I'll just be amazed when it comes out. I remember back in 2002 or 2003, being amazed at the trailer with the gloss maps on bathroom tiles and the movie being projected onto the character, but that stuff has pretty much been done by now. The AI that compete with you for quests still sound kind've interesting.

It still seems quite interesting. Especially if it can play properly as etiher a FPS or a stealth game, depending how you want to play it. The AI should be able to do both hopefully.

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

It's going to be unique and good on it's own as far as modding. Of course I would like to thief-ize every engine lol. Would be cool to have a accurate square mile of city scape with no loads just in missions appointed by keepers. And the alife will be used for peasants and merchants. Ok I am done, stalker has been in dev for a long time. I am actually waiting for "Alan Wake".

Well i still dont see anything like the premise of Alife, not even on the feature lists of any 'next-gen' stuff..

You know what A-Life is at this point? A word. That's it. Everyone was really excited about Oblivion's "Radiant AI" before it came out too, and it turned out to be incredibly shallow and stupid. Ditto for the amazing dino ecologies in Trespasser.

History is littered with games that made claims to revolutionary AI, but very few actually deliver it. Better to not believe anything you read until the game actually comes out.

Yeah, the marketing department is doing its job if everyone still gets excited over hearing "A-Life."

I guess we need a snazzy name for our TDM AI too if we want people to play our game. I'll call up the marketing dept. and see if we can get a focus group together and brainstorm some names...

Lets see, it has to be "new," "hip," and "edgy"... SuperFlyAI, CromulentAI, IA, Rtfcl_ntllgnc, FCUKINGAI, AIKillYouMuthafucka, AICutChoo, AI^2, AI! , 'Wo AI ni' ...

Did I mention that I'm continually amazed how people actually get paid money to work in advertising? :)

Okay..

-Here its a main feature and ever was since the old concept of the game that didnt even included a thing about csernobyl..

-Many tried it out and reported that it truly works..

-Bethesda had the past that is needed when you're going to fool millions of people(it was kinda unfair how they removed soft shadows, complex radiant ai in almost the last seconds from the featurelist)..and they succeeded..now if gsc screws this game than they are doomed to make Cossacks episodes until everyone had enough of it.

just some points..though everyone has the right to be pessimistic, i am not among them on this

Lets see, it has to be "new," "hip," and "edgy"... SuperFlyAI, CromulentAI, IA, Rtfcl_ntllgnc, FCUKINGAI, AIKillYouMuthafucka, AICutChoo, AI^2, AI! , 'Wo AI ni' ...

Obviously with the fashionability of Google at the moment, it would be best to call it gAI.

I guess we need a snazzy name for our TDM AI too if we want people to play our game. I'll call up the marketing dept. and see if we can get a focus group together and brainstorm some names...

dalAI (sup BlackCat)

SamurAI (lol)

Shonen-AI (lolol)

My favourite:

AIIIIIIEEEE!

I'm still looking forward to this even though I don't like some of the feature removals. They've toned down many aspects of it including the AI stalkers that would compete in quest completion with you (but they'll still wander around doing their thing).

Anyway, I always thought it sounded too ambitious and used to say that it would be a great game if they achieved half of what they claimed they wanted to do. It looks like that's going to happen more or less.

As for the graphics, they still look fantastic to me. My computer isn't getting any younger anyway. It's no Crysis but it looks great and with the weather system and day night cycles and all the details they are putting in it should be very immersing.

Rote Beete = Disgusting pickles that taste like cellar poop

Rote Grütze = Highly viscose matter with red currants, sour cherries and raspberries. Serve with vanilla sauce.

I assume you mean the former. :)

Rote Grütze then. :) Most popular food in Germany it seems. :)

Gerhard