The Dark Mod Forums

Modern's Application

New Horizon

Mordern from Doom 3 world would like to make some textures for us.

Hello New Horizon,

I just watched your new teaser video, and I felt a little inspired. I'm currently living in a town called gent in Belgium. I'm in a part called Korenmarkt which is packed full of medieval architecture. I would like to offer my services as a texturer and modeller, and may be I can bring alittle of that medieval flavour with me. Heres a link to a site with some examples of my work:

http://www.jasondovey.zoomshare.com/0.html

Hope to hear from you,

Modern

Well, what can I say? NH asked me if I would like to make textures for the castle theme. I cant wait to get started, so I didnt ;) . I guess I'll try to integrate my self into the existing workflow in the coming days/hours and see what I can contribute.

I'm really pleased that you like my work, and I'm excited to be joining what evidently is a solid Mod that I feel is worth investing time and energy in.

Modern - I like your work very much!

Also the traditional - did you make all those humanoid sculptures? It reminds me one of the most famous polish sculpturer (living in US, I think...) Abakanowicz. Have you heard about her? She also makes groups of people-like sculptures.

Modern - I like your work very much!

Also the traditional - did you make all those humanoid sculptures? It reminds me one of the most famous polish sculpturer (living in US, I think...) Abakanowicz. Have you heard about her? She also makes groups of people-like sculptures.

That was Antony Gormley's "Domain Field" at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art in 2003. Out of the 300 sculptures, I made about 30. Those were great times, I would go to college during the day, and then spend the evenings and weekend welding and get paid a very good wage.

Do you have access to the texture/models forums, Modern? Your stuff looks fantastic, and if you're willing I'd love to import some of those textures/models from your screenshots into the game right away.

Specifically we've been wanting to get some more plants and old worn statues into the mix, and I noticed that you already had some excellent ones. And those bricks were great!

Anyway, don't feel you have to stay here in the contribtor forum. Jump in! ;)

Anyway, don't feel you have to stay here in the contribtor forum. Jump in! ;)

I have just discovered the other forums! It seem I have to reload the page to get them to apear? Anyhow, I've been working on some castle stuff as N.H. suggested, and yes, I will have a rumage through my older assets and upload stuff that seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the mod.

I have just discovered the other forums! It seem I have to reload the page to get them to apear? Anyhow, I've been working on some castle stuff as N.H. suggested, and yes, I will have a rumage through my older assets and upload stuff that seems to be in keeping with the spirit of the mod.

Sounds great modern. :) We're really looking forward to seeing your materials. Drop Gildoran a PM as he is the lead of our texture department. He can give you proper guidelines on submitting.