The Dark Mod Forums

Wanna Logo?

Renzatic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on one here and there, but I'm quite busy today. I might have something tonight.

Edit: Ok, I have a few more minutes to make some comments...The typical banner size is 468x60, which is not a lot of space. The new one by Alexius looks great but is far too busy to be used at banner size. Perhaps it could be used as a website header or something. I'm not entirely sure I like the colour scheme, which is awfully bright and red...it makes me think more of Aladdin than Thief, but that's me.

I have two different versions in the works and I'll post one of them tonight for comment. I can't work on it from this computer though. :ph34r:

Edited by Springheel

Darkmod logo background- lighting and text test 1:

darkmodenobular.jpg

What doth cha thinketh of this?

It looks good. Much more professional then the other one. Actually I thought the other one is just a draft release to give an impression. I wouldn't take it as our banner because it doesn't looks good enough for that.

While this one looks much better, from the quality point of view, I don't really like it as our Thief banner. It reminds me more of a kind of Prince Of Persia game and doesn't invoke Thief for me. Regarding this the other banner fits better.

Maybe if you give it more black/blue tinge instead of read/yellow?

Edit: Just noticed somebody commented saying it looks Alladdin Thief which is quite similar to whay I meant. :)

Gerhard

pop.jpg

While the art is undeniably excellent, the style isn't very Thieflike. Like everyone else has said, it needs alot more blue...

lol, what I find really amazing is that the guy was able to draw this up pratically in his spare time while I fumbled around with preexisting images for hours on end. I really need to learn to draw.

Ok, here's one version I've been working on. This is about twenty minutes of work, so I wouldn't call it highly polished. The smaller one especially could use some more work. Enough to give you the idea though. I've downloaded some official Thief fonts to use.

Regular banner size:

thiefbanner2.jpg

And larger size version with Ren's tagline:

thiefbanner1.jpg

bluethingery.jpg

This still not looks really Thiefy to me. :)

How about removing this sun and replace it with a moon and some clouds eventually? I"m also not so sure about the guys. If the knight were a hooded person with the blackjack raised it probably would be more in context. And the buildings should look more like a cathedral or a mansion.

Gerhard

Guys, can we not quote huge graphics files in our responses? We only need to see the picture once.

:huh:

This still not looks really Thiefy to me. :)

How about removing this sun and replace it with a moon and some clouds eventually? I"m also not so sure about the guys. If the knight were a hooded person with the blackjack raised it probably would be more in context. And the buildings should look more like a cathedral or a mansion.

well, here you are - 30min Photoshop work :D

banner-BT.jpg

it doesn't really look good it was just an attempt. ;)

I've been working on a portfolio piece for a while between other commissions. It's below. We can certainly use it for a webpage or promotional material when its done if you like. I'm working on things for other clients and my Real Job resumes tomorrow, but it would be finished in a couple weeks.

work in progress:

thief5.jpg

Actually, it is based on a window from a concept painting from Thief3 (which in fact has even more rings). You can critique the architecture when it's done if you like, but this is not a custom piece. If the community wants to use it, fine, if not, fine. :)

There's nothing wrong with the window, looks perfectly thiefy to me.

A moon? Never!

No time to modify. Springwheel's stuff's perfect anyway.

(Runs away with the artwork to the Imperium forums.)

Edited by Alexius
empiread3b2.png

Ok, here's one version I've been working on.  This is about twenty minutes of work, so I wouldn't call it highly polished.  The smaller one especially could use some more work.  Enough to give you the idea though.  I've downloaded some official Thief fonts to use.

Regular banner size:

thiefbanner2.jpg

And larger size version with Ren's tagline:

thiefbanner1.jpg

Loving these.

I'm osrry but I need to say this. What kind of Thief would be carrying around a huge sword? Too much weight, clanging against objects, that makes alot of noise. Thief 3 had the more realistic thief with the dagger... I say go with the dagger, it makes more sense then a sword.

"Remember, your a thief not a murderer, don't kill anyone"

-Phil

"The man who learns only what others know is as ignorant as if he learns nothing. The treasures of knowledge are the most rare, and guarded the most harshly."