The Dark Mod Forums

New Gothic 3 Teaser Trailer

Komag

I got it at FilePlanet here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/165412/160000/fi...hic-3-Teaser-#1

To me it appears quite toned down as far as advanced graphics go, compared to earlier movies from a year ago or so. But it still looks great, and if it's really coming out this fall then I'm VERY excited about that!

I really like the second scene shown in the trailer, with the castle on the mountain hill, with the keep way off in the distant background to the left. I just can't wait to explore this new land!

In the mean time, I have Gothic 2 Gold to play yet. I played Gothic 1 four times and Gothic 2 twice, but never 2 Gold, so I look forward to exploring the new areas and story/characters.

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/726/726093/vids_1.html

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/726/726093/imgs_1.html

I hope it's not all hack and slash like some of these games. A more Oblivion style would be cool.

Edited by Arumakani

ZylonBane's confession about himself:

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

Really? that's odd, as I played as a stealthy Thief and didn't hack and slash. My second playthrough was as a wizard mage which had a bit of hack and slash, but mainly I was casting spells.

"What can I say, I'm a jerk. A three times all American Jerk, from Jerksville, Kentucky. Yee Haw"

Yea playing as a stealthy thief made it a bit more interesting.

Though there isnt much point in thieving in a world where you cant steal a weapon or armor unless you match in level with them..its also pointless thieving for money since you cant buy anything that could prove useful..I also found it annoying that i could still open every 'very hard' lock if i started with a warrior..

So in the end i gathered a good bunch of mods(atleast 20) only to let myself play as unarmored(didnt you find it missing playing as a thief?) get rid of starting spells when i want to play as a thief, remove leveled bandits so they dont pawn the 'hero' of the empire in their nice glass equipment, and so on..

I bought morrowind and played it out around 10 times..but i dont feel the slightest need of ever loading oblivion back.

http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=129

A review that i think is very true.

Loads of people who loved Morrowind have a hard time with Oblivion. I like both. Maybe Oblivion a bit more due to the fact it's more of an adventure game, though not upto the level of Shenmue or Zelda. You watching out for Assassin's Creed then?

i cant see what is more adventurous in oblivion than morrowind..

heard about that Assasin's Creed for the first time..i like its idea of 'hitman' in medieval times, thought i dont trust Ubi on the 'free-styled gameplay' thing.

I think not getting bogged down in stats makes it more adventurous. I like a adventure game with light role playing elements a la Shenmue and Zelda, or a good RPG like StarWars KOTOR and FFVII.

I know what you mean about Assassins. They say within the mission area it'll be free roaming, and anything that projects 2 inches out in the game world can be climbed etc. If they do a good mix of Splinter Cell/ Prince of Persia and make combat interesting, it could be cool. I doubt it'll have the same feeling of Thief though.

The only problem wiht Gothic 2 is that the story was virtually identical to Gothic 1. It was like playing the same game tiwce. It was a very good game, so playing it twice wasn't particularly bad, but I hope Gothic 3 isn't just a re-run of the first two with slighty better graphics.

Civillisation will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest.

- Emil Zola

character models site

• 2 weeks later...

I think oDDity will like this aspect of Assassin's Creed:

The Health System is realistic. There is no health bar. You can take more damage easier, so one fatal blow by the enemies sword is just that - fatal. Luckily, an intelligent blocking system helps you out here.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5...24/m/5701064934

The only problem wiht Gothic 2 is that the story was virtually identical to Gothic 1. It was like playing the same game tiwce. It was a very good game, so playing it twice wasn't particularly bad, but I hope Gothic 3 isn't just a re-run of the first two with slighty better graphics.

Yeah, Gothic 2 was really just Gothic 1 with alot more Fucking Awesome thrown in to the mix. Pretty much the same game, but done oh so much better.

From what I've read of Gothic 3, there's a new faction dealie where instead of picking 1 of 3 and playing through the same game from a slightly different perspective, you have two completely different factions (the Orcs and Humans) you can work between. Like at one point you can help human villagers defend their town against an orc invasion, and then later go to the orcs and give them sensitive information that'll help them with another siege against a different town. Each choice supposedly changes entire scenes that happen in later chapters, and you can either doublecross one til they completely distrust you and you have to work with the other, or you can play the middle and hedge your bets til the end.

If it ends up being even remotely as cool as it sounds, it'll make for a damn fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly. Official Street date for Europe is October 13th. What intrigues me is that it seems like LotR, Oblivion and FABLE all rolled into one. Nice it's 3rd person.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the copy already. In fact I have it for several years now, but I never played it. At the time I started to play it, I just finished Gothic I and then I lost interest, because it took so much time. Doesn't mean that I don't like it, but after playing for a several weeks G1 and then a few weeks more G2 I stopped it. So I will start to play from new when I get around to it again.

Gerhard

I'm tempted, but I'm going to pass watching any more trailers or footage - I want to have the best experience I can when I open the box and fire it up in a couple months

shadowdark50.gif keep50.gif