The Dark Mod Forums

TDM - What Are You Working On?

Mr Mike

Very good. This mod is a magnet for talent :)

Indeed! I'm really impressed with how many talented people we managed to gather here and I wonder what treasures are still burried. :)

It's stuff like this, that really makes me happy that I didn't quit when I was less motivated for some time. :)

Gerhard

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I like to see some snow.... :) In the future I'm going to make some snowy mission as well, so I'm glad I will have some example already :)

(BTW: the only thing - I wouldn't like to be the one who's duty is liting up those torches - too high for me...)

Thanks for the comments. The textures are so good if you can create a square, the DarkMod artists have really taken care of the rest. I am starting to learn (hopefully) about the size of brushes. All of my rooms and door frames are too big so I'm stuck right now trying to improvise. I'm not very creative, so if it looks like Thief gold, I probably stole it from them or someone else who did it.... I hope they don't mind :D

Gaetane: I must say that, like the others, I am very impressed with the quality of the level you are working on! And this is just your first try at making a level, it's crazy to be that good right from the start! :) I can tell we are going to see some really professional looking levels from you in The Dark Mod. :)

I like the screenshots of the levels the others are working on, as well. We're in for some great looking Thief action with this mod. It's almost like watching Thief 4 being worked on by Looking Glass and seeing early screen shots come out occasionally, very exciting! :)

Hi everybody, I have a prototype of a project Im working on in LW8, its something I always thought was missing from the original games. I hope to have it finished by the holidays. Its a water dwelling mutation of an old friend.
At first I had no idea what it was until I read your post a little closer. It's extremely nondescript but that might be fixed with proper textures.

At first I had no idea what it was until I read your post a little closer. It's extremely nondescript but that might be fixed with proper textures.

It would probably still be pretty non-descript with the texturing ;). Im still working on the mouth and eyes, and Im going to retexture the bottom half in a lighter shade to pull it out more. Im also trying to figure out if I can actually make the surface of the back knobby like an aligators and then texture it for max effect. To call it a work in progress is heavy understatement.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, pretty.

Dark Mod water looks so good. :)

My games | Public Service Announcement: TDM is not set in the Thief universe. The city in which it takes place is not the City from Thief. The player character is not called Garrett. Any person who contradicts these facts will be subjected to disapproving stares.

I've been very impressed with some of the beta-ish maps I've been using to test AI routines. The first time I heard the whole sound scheme (entrance sound, ambient background) come together on a well designed and textured map my jaw dropped.

And to echo what others have said, inside the mod we have been very busy.

• 2 weeks later...